• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Do You Ever Picture Link in Another Setting?

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Hi guys. Last night I was thinking about starting a topic about something that always keeps me occupied. Even though I'm 23 years old, I still have a very 'dreamy' personality. It's not hard for my mind to wander off and think or daydream about the most random things. This does happen to me during the daytime, but the best moment for this is when I lay in my bed and I'm trying to sleep.

So, to come to point. Do you ever see Link (or any other Zelda character) in another setting/game/story/lore? Maybe an example to describe my question. I am a huge fantasy fan. As a huge fantasy fan you can not not/ like Lord of the Rings. I read the books and I have seen all the movies (multiple times). The fights in the second movie (Battle of Helms Deep) and in the third movie (Battle for Minas Tirith) were extremely epic and massive. When I'm in my bed I sometimes fantasise about a full powered Link entering the battle when everything seems lost and hopeless and saving the day. Link with his mastersword slaying thousand of Orcs and restoring balance to the world.

So, my question is, do you guys do the same thing sometimes? And what is your ''favourite fantasy? Or am I just a weird guy that dreams to much? :P
Love to hear your story's!

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
I really can't see Link outside the traditional fantasy setting. Maybe the setting can have variations to make it unique but nothing too drastic.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
nah,i think link is just fine in the medieval fantasy style world

and on a side note,the best times for daydreams i have is in school when i know i'm suppose to be doing classwork [yes i know that's a really bad time to be doing that,but its been happening since i was in elementary,can't help it]

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Whenever I hear this song on the radio I think of the Hero of Time. "Slow down the sun" is exactly what the Ocarina of Time can do...you decide who the girl is singing it to him.
[video=youtube;IzKf23tfB-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzKf23tfB-s[/video]
I relate songs to games and the characters in them all the time...idk.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I've always wondered what it would be like if Link and Samus switched universes. I don't know how that kind of thing would even work, but I've always thought it could make for some interesting situations.

Over in the Metroid universe, I can see Link having quite a challenge on his hands, but not insurmountable. The technology of the Chozo has always seemed mystic to me, and so it might be seen as a kind of 'magic' for Link to use. Instead of using beams and missiles as the main form of attack, Link needs to get up close and personal with them (kinda like in Other M). Perhaps the Chozo weapons are retrofitted to become something Link is more familiar with, like bows and bombs and such (just think, Plasma Arrows!). Still have the huge monstrous bosses, just go about them in a different manner.

The Zelda universe might be screwed, though. There's at least a 50% chance that when she's done, Hyrule's gonna explode.

I develop new stories to put him in that take place in the Zelda universe but rarely anything else as he's just too well suited for medieval fantasy worlds, I've pictured him in the Mario universe in which he does just fine in if not great in, but when I put him in a universe like Metroid, he's so under powered and poorly equipped that he dies or is unable to handle most situations, how far he makes it depends on which game I imagine him in, so I usually don't imagine him in anything that he's not suited for but I do enjoy imagining him fighting and loosing to Samus or being corrupted by Dark Samus and turning into a phazon supercharged Dark Link.

It did occure to me that he could use the advanced technologies such as Chozo and federation tech but he would need an incredibly advanced suit and he would likely die attempting to complete the challenges that would lay between him and said technologies, also the majority of the technology shown in the Metroid universe have the massively important prerequisite of an advanced suit that is very tecnnologically adaptive essentially making it impossible for link to use any of it.

Side note, Links defenses are actually fairly well suited for the Metroid Universe but his offensive capabilities fall short in most cases, but a Dark Samus Corrupted Link or Phaze Link would actually be almost if not evenly matched with Samus as he and all of his items would be phazon enhanced, sorry guys I whent on a tangent, anyways those are my thoughts on the subject for now.

Last edited:

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I've always wondered what it would be like if Link and Samus switched universes. I don't know how that kind of thing would even work, but I've always thought it could make for some interesting situations.

Over in the Metroid universe, I can see Link having quite a challenge on his hands, but not insurmountable. The technology of the Chozo has always seemed mystic to me, and so it might be seen as a kind of 'magic' for Link to use. Instead of using beams and missiles as the main form of attack, Link needs to get up close and personal with them (kinda like in Other M). Perhaps the Chozo weapons are retrofitted to become something Link is more familiar with, like bows and bombs and such (just think, Plasma Arrows!). Still have the huge monstrous bosses, just go about them in a different manner.

The Zelda universe might be screwed, though. There's at least a 50% chance that when she's done, Hyrule's gonna explode.

I really like the idea of a sci-fi Link. Never really thought about that. Maybe with a mecha/techno green tunic. Would be totally awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom