• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Ever Misread Things?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
By this I don't mean reading things and taking it the wrong way but I mean the other way. I saw the thread: Is Ganondorf too plain and instead of this I read "Is Ganondorf too Pain"...
So does this happen to you a lot and what is the funniest quote, sentence, line, convo you have ever read wrong

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've misread tons of things but I can't really point whech is the funnier one. I think onetime someone wrote "you're a monster" but I somehow read "you're a sandwich" :lol:

Dan

Yep I recall actually misreading Mandys class thread twice, I believe her thread was something like "do you play with class" something along those lines, and I read it as glass, then the second time I read it as grass, but I do this very often.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
In my stunning interpretation of Lord Capulet in our 9th grade English reading of Romeo and Juliet, I misread (aloud) "bowl" as "bowel"

Curmudgeon as Lord Capulet said:
Peace, you mumbling fool!
Utter your gravity o'er a gossip's bowel;
For here we need it not.
The actual next line:
Cute girl in English Class as Lady Capulet said:
You are too hot.

#myfinesthour

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I misread things all the time. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense how I misread something that isn't even similar to the actual sentence.

The only one I can think of is when I had to read a part of Romeo & Juliet aloud in front of class and I misread "cook" and said "cock" outloud.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
All.

The.

Goddamn.

Time.

I like to pretend I have some complex case of Dyslexia (as if Dyslexia wasn't already complex enough). Sometimes I believe it happens when I read too quickly, but other times I feel that it's out of pure stupidity. I don't know why it happens so often for me, but it just does. I know that misreading phrases is fairly common amongst us all, but it happens far too often for me. It's a pain, but it's something I've managed to live with.

Who Doesn't?

Got to admit it is frustrating at times, but if you learn to take humor from it, its just one more moment of joy in your life. In my foreign language class, which oddly enough has no written form, we learned the "3C's" "Context" "Clarity" "Closure"... We take the context from the topic, Carity is how well we see it. and Closure is what makes it make sense...

But I believe its the reason we can read things like this.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig, huh ? Yaeh, and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt ! Tahts so cool !

When we misread I believe it is a function of either misapplying the "Closure" or lack of "Clarity"

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Once I misread read as read when it was supposed to be read as read not read.

Also today I accidentally misread Gyorg as Gyiyg. (And I can't spell... good thing for autocorrect.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom