• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Ever Find It Predictable?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Some were easy but I can't deny that many presented a challenge or were unique to the series.
The puzzles in botw were especially designed to not have a singular or correct solution, which I can't say I personally like. I feel satisfied when I get that aha moment of understanding an especially tricky puzzl, but that aha moment is never there when the puzzles can more or less be solved by accident

While Zelda games do keep to a rigid predictability, I think that each game introduces it's own level of difficulty and it's fair share of memorable characters. I suppose I don't have much of a say though, because I haven't played many Zelda games. The series is a rather new experience for me.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
It's tough though, we have standards for Zelda games. If you try something new and fail to meet those standards (Skyward Sword's swordplay, TriForce Heroes' fashion esthetic, the Adventure of Link's side-scrolling combat), you take a hit for the five-ten years it took you to develop the game. If you iterate on old standards, you risk people feeling as though the game is too predictable. I think Nintendo has done an admirable job of polishing the Zelda formula to the point where they can hang all sorts of gimmicks, settings, and mechanics on it and still have it feel like Zelda while innovating around that core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom