• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you ever feel like not wanting to do anything?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Like when I want to watch netflix I find myself watching a movie for just 5 lousy minutes and then quit. I got a ton of shows and movies I still need to continue to watch because I just don't continue to watch after 5 or less minutes. Or when I want to listen to the radio I quit after 5 minutes and so on. Is it just me or do you feel the same?

As someone with diagnosed PTSD, anxiety and depression, restlessness and a lack of drive to do things or care about anything at all is a daily issue for me.

It gets to me a lot, it goes far beyond just normal restlessness or lack of interest. So yeah, I get like this an awful lot.

It actually happened today where I knew there were things I needed to do but I just couldn't bring myself to do any of it, took me over an hour to will myself to move and afterwards my heart just wasn't in it at all.

Some days it isn't so bad, just most days. ZD helps me push forward with things though, often giving me the will power for things like blog updates and even taking care of myself so that I can still be here.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
All the time nowadays. For one reason or another, I've always felt the struggle to stay motivated and the pandemic hasn't helped that. Having hobbies like my writing has kept me doing something at least, as well as my college work. Having ZD and SF has also been really nice in the (mostly) absence of social interaction.

Ninja

Well well well
Ever since being a father, hell to the yes. It's not always a bad thing, but I can't focus on doing something for too long without having to drop it for the baby. Don't get me wrong, I love her with everything I have and more, but damn it woman, let me game or cook uninterrupted for at least 15 minutes! :)

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Yea like today i was gonna walk to the flat amd put some clothes there but its now 740 and its a bit late...

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
A lot of the time. Sometimes my depression just paralyzes me, and I end up doing low-key activities like gaming or youtube.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Some days I'll watch a movie, listen to some music, work on projects, play a game and then clean up a little, and maybe 10 minutes will pass from the start.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Yeah, especially when it comes to hobbies it is upsetting when you just don't feel like doing it. I get this a lot recently with anime and video games. There is so much I want to play and watch but finding the energy and motivation to do it is difficult sometimes.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Yeah, I get that a lot with playing games and watching stuff.

It's hard to get myself to do something I know will be a time commitment.

Personally if I'm struggling to be productive then I'll break off & do something fun/enjoyable (even something simple like listening to a bit of music)

If I'm struggling with doing something fun/enjoyable I try to do something productive (even something as mundane as a little tidying)

Doesn't always work, some days just slip by but there's always next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom