• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you ever expect Atari to make a full come back and become as big as they used to be?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh good ol' Atari. It was such a big name. I remember when friends of my parents bought an Atari because that was the big deal back then. Atari seemed to have it all until a certain alien arrived and couldn't phone home...... I bet you all know what happened. ET "that selfish lil' bastard" became Atari's downfall. But Atari made a comeback. How big it's going to be is still uncertain. But what do you think of their console they launched last year and what do you expect is going to happen to Atari? Are they going to stay around much longer this time or will another ETcident happen to them?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
100% no, they are decades past their prime and frankly, the VCS isn't even a factor in the equation

I don't know what's in it for the future of atari, but it's not the same company from back in the day

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
I didn't even hear about their new console, last thing I heard they were bought out by a company that was bought out by another company that started calling themselves Atari.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can't really see this happening either, especially with a move toward mobile gaming I don't think them coming back with a console is going to go very well for them.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
An older game company that still has some sort of market value making a comeback to shatter the oligopoly would be so fascinating from an economics perspective, if such a thing were doable

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
It's unlikely, but the brand name has value. It's possible someone would buy them out for brand recognition someday and then successfully build the brand back up.

That said, it's probably not going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom