• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Eat Meat?

Dan

Recently I was asked if I eat meat by someone, I said yes and I was quite literally verbally assaulted, so after all that I thought I would transfer this question to you all.

Do you eat meat, and why?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Yes, I eat meat. It tastes good and I'd starve if I tried to live a vegetarian life, since I don't like most vegetables out there. Kudos to those who enjoy vegetables, but I'd struggle with it.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
No, I'm a vegetarian. I guess it's just because I'm really sensitive and I hate the idea of killing thinking, breathing things for my own personal gain. I hold nothing against those who don't, it's part of the natural cycle for things to eat each other and our society is built around meat being our main source of food.

Dan

Yes, I eat meat. It tastes good and I'd starve if I tried to live a vegetarian life, since I don't like most vegetables out there. Kudos to those who enjoy vegetables, but I'd struggle with it.

Have you tried any of the foods that try to emulate the flavors of meat, without of course actually being meat?

Salem

SICK
Yes, because it's delicious.

Dan, I think you have the right to verbally assault them back, unless it's like your boss or manager and that might get you fired, in that case I recommend that you agree with he or she says.

Last edited:

Chiraku

Demon slayer
Animals do two things for us.
1) They look amazing and appealing to us people who like cute things
2) They taste delicious.
So, yes, yes I do.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love meat! Ham, bacon, hamburger, chicken, it's all so good!

I have yet to try a type of meat, besides organs like liver and stuff, that I dislike!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
No, and I have been a vegetarian my whole life. My parents don't eat meat due to their religion and caste, and while I am not religious, I don't eat meat because that's the way I was brought up. My parents have told me I can eat meat (as long as I'm not in the house), but at this point, I choose not to because I don't really see any reason for me to start eating meat.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Have you tried any of the foods that try to emulate the flavors of meat, without of course actually being meat?

Meat is not just about flavor, though, there's also the texture. For instance, mushrooms don't really taste anything, so taste-wise I don't mind them, but their texture make me think slugs, which really puts me off. And also, are these substitutes for meat natural products and do they contain similar nutrients, like protein? If it was natural, had the same texture and taste as the meat that I like, then sure, sign me up. If not, then I'm probably not going to be converted...

octorok74

TETTAC
Absolutely. Meat tastes so good and it goes great with just about everything. Bison though is my favourite type of meat. Really lean and more flavourful then beef. Bison is great on a burger.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I grew up the daughter of a butcher. Let's just say, attempts in childhood to go vegetarian met with failure. Especially after my older sister reminded me of how delicious pork spareribs at the family's favorite bbq place were. Since we lived in a rural area my family raised a little of its own meat when I was very young. Some of my earliest childhood memories are of me "helping" my dad slaughter chickens and watching pigs up on the backyard butcher-pole. I also had uncles who hunted, so, as a kid, I got a crash course in where meat comes from. And ate it.

In present life, I paint skulls, too. http://www.senordwall.com/BoneArtSite/La_Casa_Calavera.html

I do wonder about the morality of it a bit. The eating of meat happens in nature - which is a brutal mistress. If you know anything about what happens in fields and forests, you know it's not Disneyland out there. However, human beings do have more of a choice of whether or not we kill feeling beings in order to eat (well, those without outstanding health issues. My fiancee' must eat meat because he has this weird protein-thing that's sort of like a diabetic condition. Meat works better than other protein resources for keeping him well). I do feel guilty for eating cheap-meat, too. We're poor people who live in an apartment, so we don't have the option of all this free-range hippie stuff nor of raising our own and I worry about the conditions that typical supermarket meat goes through. Ideally, I would like to raise my own food - like my family did as a kid.

And I'd still eat meat. At least chicken. Chickens are dumb enough for me not to get too attached to them.

I kill and eat my own fish and enjoy the process as a sport-fisherperson, so I have no problem with that.

So, the short answer is "Yes, LOVE THE STUFF," but the long answer is that "I wish could be a better carnivore than I am."

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yes, and no, it just depends how it is cooked, served, etc. I like Ground Beef over all other kinds of meat, especially if it is a Chili Frito Pie, on burritos with a long Jalapeno, and on tostadas, enchiladas, etc. I also eat other stuff, like sausages, bologna, ham, etc. And I eat it because it's food...and tasty, you could say. ;)

Fig

The Altruist
Yes, I do in fact eat meat whether it's red meat or white meat though for the most part I usually eat more white meat as it's more common. I eat meat because it's just nature and should not be looked down. There are many kinds of meat that I enjoy devouring whenever it is on my plate and I simply love the texture and flavors that meat provides.

No, I'm a vegetarian. I guess it's just because I'm really sensitive and I hate the idea of killing thinking, breathing things for my own personal gain. I hold nothing against those who don't, it's part of the natural cycle for things to eat each other and our society is built around meat being our main source of food.

While I do respect your decision to be a vegetarian you technically do have to separate your plants and vegetables from their roots, which in turn means you had to cut off its source of nutrients technically killing them in order to satisfy your hunger as a vegetarian as while plants aren't animals, both are living things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom