• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you double dip with games?

Say a game released as a digital title on 3ds, you enjoyed it and thought it was money well spent.

Now that same game is releasing for a home consoles with extras and maybe even an added sequel or prequel game as bonus content.

Do you rebuy the first to play it on a preferred console with potential extras, given that you enjoyed the game the first time, or not?

Last edited:

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
They would have to be some amazing extras to make me rebuy a game. I haven't done this to date but that's mainly because I prefer handheld over console anyway so would usually go for the handheld version

funnier6

Courage~
I technically owned multiple versions of the same game but that was back when club Nintendo was a thing so I didn't actually pay for them.

I do own both versions of smash 4 if that counts.

I've bought Super Metroid 4 times (SNES, 3DS, Wii, Wii U), and it's probably going to be 5 when the Switch finally gets it. I don't mind supporting Metroid because I love the series to death, but Super is also one of the best games ever created, so it's worth it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't mind double, triple, or even quadruple dipping for the right price. I usually do it for convenience, like having certain games again on my more accessible consoles or getting them digitally (but for a really good price) even though I already have the game physically. Upgrades like remasters and remakes are also big reasons why I double dip as well. But of course, it's all really dependant on the game. Zelda and Resident Evil are probably my most double dipped franchises.

I don't mind double, triple, or even quadruple dipping for the right price. I usually do it for convenience, like having certain games again on my more accessible consoles or getting them digitally (but for a really good price) even though I already have the game physically. Upgrades like remasters and remakes are also big reasons why I double dip as well. But of course, it's all really dependant on the game. Zelda and Resident Evil are probably my most double dipped franchises.

Yeah i've re-bought every RE on my ps4 at this point. Much better than having them across multiple consoles. Also good that theyre updated with all DLC.

For retro games sure. I do like the VC a lot and most of the VC games I've bought, I also owned on cart back in the day.
For modern games? Mostly no, unless it's really cheap or has new features to make me want to buy it again.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
actually you guys have reminded me ive done it with the Zelda game and I might do it with Skyrim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom