• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Curse Often?

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
More often that I'd like. I have an issue with restraining myself when I get really frustrated.

Terminus said:
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
No. It's very rare to hear me swear, and even then it's usually just "hell" or "damn" which I don't think really counts anyways. People tend to think I'm weird because I never swear, but I honestly just don't see the point in it. I have nothing against people who do swear, it's just not something I do.

My personal restriction is pretty good. I only swear when I feel there is a need to swear.

I never swear if family is around, or if I don't know for a fact everyone around me is comfortable with it.

It makes my jokes somewhat hard to tell ... they add a certain effect, y'know?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
The worst I'll willingly say is hell or damn, and occasionally other non-harsh profanities. Cussing doesn't really bother me (I hear it all the freaking time and I don't really care... I mean, I listen to Tool and Nine Inch Nails all the time, and my two favorite YouTubers are ADoseOfBuckley and the Angry Video Game Nerd...), it's just something I choose not to participate in, per se.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
i curse damn near all the time. I'm really trying to watch it especially since i'm trying to get a job.. but sometimes when i get overly excited I curse. When i'm mad i curse.. wen i get in a mood one extreme or the other i curse.

Kybyrian

lol @ Zenox saying his personal restriction is very good.

I swear pretty much all the time. I never do around my family, but I do online a lot and in real life. I usually tend to be more on the down low with my swearing when I hang around people I haven't been around very often though. It usually picks up after that though haha. It's pretty common for me.

I TRY to hold myself back when it comes to saying the "BAD" words, but i sometimes fail. I only curse when i get hurt or when something bad happens. I think it's a way of reliving stress in my opinion.

Of topic, but in my opinion only young adults and adults should use curse words. It just sounds so wrong when i hear a little 10 year old curse with their high squeaky voice.

Joy

The Sexy One
I swear a lot. I don't mind, though, and if people have a problem they can **** off. :bleh:

Of course, it depends on the circumstances.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
I've actually gotten used to self censoring myself. The most I usually say nowadays if "hell" and "damn". Occasionally something stronger might slip out, but that tends to happen only when I'm seriously ticked.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't swear that much around family, but I swear a lot more around friends and on the internet. I used to censor myself, or even replace profane words with safer alternates, but not so much anymore. I don't care if others around me swear.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I used to never swear. Before, oh, 20 or so, I made sure to watch my language and never let anything unsavory leave my lips. But then I failed a math test I had been studying several weeks for, and the dam broke. Now, swear words are interspersed in my language here and there. I wouldn't go so far as to say I swear all the time, but I definitely use them more often in my language when they make a stronger point. I still have control over it, like I can keep a lid on it in certain situations, but in general it's not that big of a deal to me anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom