• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Curse Often?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
There isn't anything really wrong with swearing in my opinion, they are just words that are used to express yourself. I swear sometimes just as an expression usually around friends or older members of my family. It's not excessive, just when I want to use it as an expression that's all, society should get over it.

Like Heroine, I NEVER have cursed on purpose as I never get mad at really anything (As I meditate). There have been accidents where I have cursed, but that is usually when I am reading comments on Youtube or a book.

Every other word; I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean, they are just words. It's societies standards that make curse words "impolite" or "inappropriate."

Ironically, though, I find it attractive if a girl doesn't curse every other sentence. I don't know why, it's just cute I guess.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
In my head, I curse like Lovino Vargas. But my parents would kill me if I swore, and my own mouth and brain have a censoring system on me. The worst word I ever said was the a-word, once. It slipped out while playing SNMBW with my dad. My mom and my lil sis were there, too :embarrassed:. I only was given permission to say 'heck' a couple days ago, and still haven't said it out loud.

Zarah

Pikachu my Snorlax
I've been told that I swear worse than a sailor. My response? "What's your ****ing point?"

But seriously I swear so much it's kinda scary. I try and control myself, but yeah it's not going too good.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
I try my absolute best not to. I just hate cursing! It's so pointless, I mean I know saying something when we are angry or hurt makes us feel better, and it's probably the most positive way to release our emotions. But, I just try to refrain from it.

I'm not PERFECT though! I do curse sometimes lol. But as far as purposely cursing, nope! I don't.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I do, like every other sentence (or every other thought when gaming online). I see a problem with it -- the words are vulgarities whether from society's hard rule or because someone just believes them to be. But, I do it anyway because, as SpongeBob told me, they're "sentence enhancers". I need to spice up my sentences every once in a while, you know! D:

I tend not to curse very often normally but if i play Call Of Duty the curse words seem to flow like there is no end to them but there normally aimed at the deserving players:P

Oh, yes I do! I'm pretty good about not cursing too much in public, but I've surprised myself with some of the things that come out of my mouth at times! Namely, when I've hit my toe against something, been tripped by my cat or Dachshund, or had to restart a chapter on Path of Radiance. >.>

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Oh... I do a bit here and there (:P)

Yeah... I cuss, like *alot* It's therapeutic and also because I am not bothered to give a @#$% :right:

When I am angry or frustrated and cussing at some*thing* I don't even care if what I'm saying makes sense. I generally prefer not to swear at people to their faces but when I do it is because I can't take them seriously enough to provide for them an intelligent insult or disregard. Really, though, that is hardly something I enjoy doing and someone would have to of been extremely nasty to me to get that treatment.

But cussing is therapeutic, for better or worse. I make it a practice not to curse around those who don't want or need to hear it... I SWEAR IT!! :P

Depends on the circumstances. If I'm alone or playing a game, I will occasionally (I talk to myself a lot in both situations, so things will slip out here and there). If I'm with friends who don't care, yes. If I'm with a friend who does not like cursing, I won't (I personally don't care because they're just words to me, but I respect the other person's thoughts on it). And finally, if I'm with my parents, I WILL NOT curse. Not even with their explicit permission.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Yes, quite often. Not so much at people as when I'm frustrated. When it comes to gaming, I won't get physically angry, but I find I'll say a swear or two when something goes wrong. This is what tends to happen most when it comes to swearing, letting out a few words in the case of bad occurrences.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well, I consider curse words to be nothing but words. The only meaning they have is what we give them. They have no power in and of themselves. I don't use the words with the intention to insult or name-call anyone, I use them as expletives for when I have the need to shout something out, like when I bang my toe, or I'm stressed/frustrated/etc. Sometimes you need words that pack a little punch, something that helps take the edge of a moment/situation/etc. for that I use curse-words.

I don't really get the whole sensoring the words thing, after all we all know what the person intended to say anyway. We are changing the word, but the meaning behind the expression is already completely present in the receiver's mind. If I were to write f*** here, pretty much everyone would internally read it as the intended word, not as "F - bleep" or anything like that. The thought, the idea is already planted, might as well be honest and actually use the word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom