• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Curse Often?

Kazumi

chagy
Serious question here, do you find yourself cursing/swear very often? Does it depend on who you with, where you are, ect?

I myself am very guilty of this. I curse literally all the time, usually at least once or twice every third sentence or so. I really just don't hold back. I also have absolutely no personal restrictions on words, so some of the stuff that I say could be incredibly offensive to certain people. Of course I restrain myself when necessary, but it's a challenge. I'm not exactly proud of this behaviour, but it really can't be helped.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The most I usually say is "hell" or "damn", and those are pretty common swear words for me to use. I don't really delve into the big leagues of swear words unless I'm irritated or in a mood in which I just don't care. It is very easy for me to restrain myself, though, so saying swear words in inappropriate situations is never an issue for me.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I almost never curse. Occasionally, I'll intentionally censor myself, which is not often. The extremely few times I curse without a sensor... well, people know I'm not messing around.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
My fiends tend to swear a lot so it rubs off on me unfortunately! However I wouldn't swear around any of my family or younger kids....

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I only swear if I get angered or get annoyed. Swear under my breath, slip it out, or mentally. Swearing can get my head calmed when I have nothing else to be angered with. The only words I usually use are 'Hell' and 'Damn'. Other words tend to slip out.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I have anger issues, so I curse if I'm severely angry...but other times not really....

bunny

birb overlord
I think I've only cursed once or twice... It's not something I'm proud of, and I try my best not to curse at all. Once was because I was hanging out with some "friends" who I really shouldn't have been with, and it slipped out. The other time was when I found out my ex-boyfriend was cheating on me with my best friend. Err, yea, I was very mad at him. I don't get any satisfaction out of cursing, and to be honest, I felt horrible and dirty after I cursed those two times. Unfortunately I've become almost numb to most curse words because of how casually people throw them around these days. :I

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Often enough I suppose, though for the most part I only ever swear a lot when playing something like Mario Kart, damn those freaking computer players...damn them to hell o,o

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I have excellent contextual awareness... which is fortunate, because when no one else is around I curse like a sailor in three languages.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Not really, I see no need in it. I think the reason so many younger people curse today is because they want to seem "cool" to their buddies. Just like on Xbox Live; if you can find a kid that doesn't cuss, then you're lucky, because I haven't.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Every other ****ing sentence are you kidding me?

Honestly, I don't even know why people are so sensitive about cursing. It's just words. It's not like they're exclusively offensive terms. I mean, I'll censor myself or refrain from swearing if I know there are people around that don't like to hear it out of politeness, but I honestly do not see the big deal.

I have had my parents yell at me when I swear too much while playing video games cus my little brothers can hear me, but they hear me swear all the time anyways. I'm a good sister though, both my brothers know a good chunk of swears from me, but I've taught them to never use them.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
No. Never. I just don't swear. Even when I'm really angry (although I don't think I've ever gotten SUPER angry, so maybe if I was pushed enough I would...).

I have cursed once, though, by accident. Not at another person. I was reading off a YouTube comment aloud and accidentally didn't censor myself when I came to a swear word. My friends thought it was absolutely hilarious afterward, but I was really embarassed.

And, I mean, sometimes I do THINK the words. Especially when playing video games. XD

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Sadly, yes I do. It not as much of a habit as it was a few years ago, but I's still pretty bad. Most of the curse words I use are the really bad ones and I'm not proud of myself at all. I try really hard to stop cursing but it went out of control and noting helps.

I also curse a lot when I'm mad (which is all the time) and I try to find other ways to calm down but I always end up going back to cursing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom