• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Do You Consider TP a Gamecube or a Wii Game?

TP Gamecube or Wii game?

• Gamecube game with a Wii port

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii game since it launched together with the Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I consider it both, but I like the Gamecube version better. After playing Twilight Princess and Wind Waker on the Gamecube, I kept trying to reach for the c-stick to change the camera angle in all my other Zelda games. The Wii version doesn't have the camera control that the Gamecube version does, so I like the Gamecube one better.

I thought it was common knowledge by now that TP was always a Gamecube game that they decided to port to the Wii for the launch. That's why the motion controls don't feel that great in comparison to SS or other more recent Wii games. TP wasn't designed with that control scheme in mind.

TP was started as a GCN project and was moved to Wii to prevent Nintendo history of weak console releases. GC has realer controls and fewer bugs (not glitches but problems with game play) than the Wii version. It was a tribute to the end of the GCN.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I see it more as a Wii game for various reasons:
1) I've only ever played it on Wii
2) It was a Wii launch title - It released a month later on Gamecube, at least in Europe
3) It was the first game I had for my Wii and came to define the console for me in those first few months

I know it was developed for years on Gamecube and I do see it as a Gamecube game, but if I had to attach it to one console and not both, I would say Wii.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I consider it a Wii game. I have a Personal rule where if a game comes out on both the later consul and the older consul at the same time, it automatically falls as the later consul's game. However, this rule is generally because the game was supposed to come out for the later system and took pity on those who had older systems. Twilight Princess is not that case so I can understand why people see it as a Gamecube game as it was originally designed for the Gamecube.

I always thought of it as a Gamecube game...I mean, I honestly don't even like the Wii that much, and so I preferred TP on the GC. Not to mention that was the original platform, and I think Nintendo realized too late that maybe they should have put it on the Wii only if that system was going to be coming out...But I still definitely love having it on the GC way better than the Wii...

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I actually consider it a gamecube game because the first time I played it was on the cube. Also, because it was released on the cube at the same time as the Wii I would have to consider it a game for the "older" system

It is a GameCube game. It was originally developed for the GameCube, and the GameCube version is superior to the Wii version in nearly every way. Pardon the bluntness, but the Wii version was just a cash-in for the Wii's launch. For the true Wii Zelda title, we had to wait for Skyward Sword.

I would consider it a Gamecube game just for the mere fact that it was able to be designed using the Gamecube engine. The Wii had slightly more capability so there should have been more involved if it was on the Wii besides using motion control for the sword swing instead of a button.

I have only played it on the Wii, but it would be fun to try it out on the Gamecube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom