• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you comfort eat?

Ninja

Well well well
I used to do it all the time. The later part of my teenage years we went through a ton of stress and issues, so I did what my mother did before me, which was turn to food for comfort. That toxic mindset took me on a journey of self loathing and being just shy of 300lbs.

After a few years, I consulted with my then girlfriend at the time and we got on a plan to improve myself and my outlook on life. Couple that with a realization that food was not the answer, I am currently very healthy now, at about 188lbs, and I look/feel so much better. My entire outlook on life has changed since I've met my wife all those years ago, and I am a better man, and soon to be father because of it.

Comfort eating can lead to eating disorders and **** can get ugly really fast. Sometimes we watch shows like My 600lb Life and while I've never been that heavy, I can understand why food has become a source to block away things instead of facing them. I generally fast for 16-23 hours a day at a time to keep my weight in check.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yup, my normal comfort food is always something slightly sweet though it tends to change often, last month it was Rhubarb n Custard sweets now it's Raisins..........i have no clue why raisins it's what i like.

I love cooking and often try new recipes. I even bought new disposal for food waste, I've checked reviews on bestsinkdisposal before purchasing. Today I made furikake with broccoli, served with cucumber salad and shrimp crackers. It is healthy and delicious!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom