• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Come from a Wealthy Family?

Do you come from a wealthy family?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dan

So I'm quite bicurious as of late, do you, yes you, come from a wealthy family. If you don't or do, what's it like for you?
By wealthy I mean, you have quite a bit more wealth than the average family, hell you may even be rich.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope I'm not. In fact it was almost like the opposite for me when I was a kid. My parents were divorced and my mom had to raise us by herself. There was hardly money left for proper clothes or something. So when I turned 18 I got my first job and made my own money. Looking back my background helped me a huge lot in my life. Because I never had the pleasure to have parents who helped me or paid everything for me I learned how to spent my money and how to save money. Back then it was really a bad thing but now I'm older I'm thankful though.

Dan

Wealth is a matter of perspective IMO. We may not have had a lot of money, but we never went with out and we always had lots of fun.

Thank I updated the original post.

As for me the answer is no, and it was sometimes worrying.

My dad comes from an upper middle class family, but it was not always that way; but that was long before my time, so who cares? My dad himself was quite wealthy given his high-paying career, but I didn't benefit from it very much after his death (long story). My mom comes from your run-of-the-mill American middle class family, and therefore not very wealthy. My parents divorced ages ago, so my family is not collectively wealthy...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I'm not wealthy so that I can buy cars every month but I'm not either so poor so I'm having trouble finding somewhere to live or something to eat. I'm the average and I can't explain "how it's like" from an emotional perspective since I've never ahd any huge economical shifts in my life, it's been pretty much the same, So I have no clue if it's more fun or less being rich.

I can just explain how annoying it is to go to a school where half the kids there are from a very wealthy suburban place out of town who's parents all have very high paid jobs, So I can't really afford going to movies, eating out and shopping with my friends as often as I'd like :P

octorok74

TETTAC
I don't come from a wealthy family. At least I don't think. My parents always cut corners here and there. Especially since they are housing four boys. But they always teach my brothers and I the value of a dollar and how to save. And they save up money in order for us to eat out at a restaurant at least once a month. I'm actually really thankful for the wealth condition my family is in. We aren't wealthy, but we aren't poor either. We experience the tough times along with times when we have more than enough. It's really taught me a lot. And I'm thankful for that. Are you happy Dan, because I started tearing up while typing this.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't come from a wealth family. From the start we've had to cut back on the typical pleasure, we had to turn out lights when not using them and all that. Now that my parents are more secure, we do have money to spend here and there but we're still very conservative with energy and bills. American middle class isn't really "well off" from my perspective, since they're constantly worrying about IF they'll keep their job and stuff like that. So, I try to be less extravagant in any way possible, and I hope one day to start making savings money of my own.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Yes I am! My family is the wealthiest thing I have. Which makes me very rich! My family is the most priceless, expensive, and valuable thing I can ever ask for!

I'm actually middle class. Which I'm not embarrassed of. I'm happy if I'm not rich or am rich.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Haha, nope. I come from the average middle class family. Working parents who didn't go to college and make enough money to get by. That's my family. But that's alright. I'm happy and grateful for what I've got. I can live, and that's enough for me. I don't need to be rich. As longs as I have family and friends, I'm happy.

Joy

The Sexy One
I am definitely not from a wealthy family : from 2-4 we lived with an other family in an apartment ; until I was 10 we couldn't afford tv or Internet. My mum's boyfriend didn't have a job and so my mum had to support four people while working as a waitress. Eventually she finally dumped him and my new stepdad has a job, so that's a definite improvement.
I don't think not having any money taught me that much. It didn't teach me to save, because we couldn't really spare anything, and in any case I wasn't looking after it. ;) But I was happy anyway although I'd definitely enjoy being rich.

Upper middle class. We live comfortably, go on annual vacations, etc., but it's not like we have 4 yachts and a beach house in the Virgin Islands.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Haha, nope. I come from the average middle class family. Working parents who didn't go to college and make enough money to get by. That's my family. But that's alright. I'm happy and grateful for what I've got. I can live, and that's enough for me. I don't need to be rich. As longs as I have family and friends, I'm happy.

I'm basically in the same position as Azure Sage. My family is far from rich, but we have just enough to get by. That's absolutely fine for me, and I'm perfectly content with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom