• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Care What Color Link's Hair Is?

I always liked the dirty blonde hair he had in Twilight Princess. It really doesn't matter, but I'd hate to see him with dark brown hair in a 3D game

X

Xloi63

I grew up playing A little Ocarina of Time, and lots of Minish Cap, but I honestly couldn't care less. Link looks great either way, but he looks hotter with brown hair XD

I think Blonde Link is now what is expected ... I do not hate the other variations but I prefer him to be a blondie... it seems more natural.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It doesn't matter to me whether or not Link's hair is dirty blond, turquoise, indigo, auburn, or any other shade of the rainbow. Each Link is liable to be different in some way anyhow. His eyes might be blue, or brown, or a blazing pink for all we know, or his nose large, petite, mashed up against his face like a Moblin's (wouldn't that be something), but in the end he's still the same Hero of a certain category that we became familiar with from the start, just with different looks. Not that this is aimed against the fans' preferences, because I've also posted here previously and that makes it affect me the same.

I realize Link is supposed to always be a reincarnation of his former self, which expands on a wide brand of varieties; meaning quite literally that he'll, in figure, always have the same figure, but most likely will have some different aspects to him. For example, in the original Ocarina of Time Link's eyes were overcome with black "pupils", though I swear in some instances I could discern a hint of blue fringing that. And yet in the latest OoT--the 3D remake--his pupils are all the way blue with a black iris. It might have been Nintendo's original intent to have Link with blue eyes, but they needed to adjust that with later releases and remakes of Zelda first third-dimensional title (on the N64).

Once again my own proclivity wants them to keep Link dirty blond with blue eyes, pointed ears, and an angular chin, just like Twilight Princess design. That look was the most accurate in my own interpretation of how Link should always appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom