• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Care to Earn Achievements/Trophies?

Do You Care to Earn Achievements/Trophies?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I don't care either way.

• Total voters

キラ

Yo!
Do you care to earn Achievements/Trophies?

Personally - although they can be fun sometimes because they can present fun challenges - I don't really care about them. I just care about having fun in the game I am in. I also don't think that you gamerscore or how many trophies you have can always accurately represent how good of a gamer you are because there are some people - like me - who don't care to complete the objectives to earn them, and there are some achievements for just creating a character or editing your profile or for playing your first online match. If I complete a challenge, I want to get an actual reward like a new level or character instead of just more points or trophies - I want actual content! I feel that, with some games (cause it depends on what title is being talked about) that they don't really complete a game and just release extra content as DLC (but I guess that would be a different topic for a different thread.)

So, do you care to earn Achievements/Trophies? If you do, that's cool and you're not wrong - as long as it's fun for you! ^^ I just want to hear everyone's opinions. :nod:

("Yay!" for making my first thread on the forum!)

Kybyrian

I do sometimes, but not all the time. It really depends on the types of achievements/trophies they are and the game. Some are just ridiculous, and I automatically rule out the possibility of completing/almost completing the achievements/trophies for a game if it includes ones for online modes. Sometimes there are just ones that I know I wouldn't enjoy getting and I skip out on it. I've never really completed all of the achievements in a game aside from Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood. I've never gotten a Platinum trophy for a playstation game, either, but I may for Tales of Graces f one day. I was working on it for a while but kind of dropped out partway through my second playthrough. That's all I would need to complete, too. I may do it for Tales of Xillia someday as well. I think they provide a good competitive edge to them sometimes, but I'm not crazy for them. I think in games like Tales of Graces f (as an example), they open up big doors for exploration that you may not have opened before, as well.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Actually, I don't really care either way. I think it depends. If I find the activity fun, and if I find the achievement valuable, then I'll try my best to earn it. But mostly, I'm doing it just for the fun.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Occasionally. I like the sense of completion, but it's not really a major issue for me. I only get motivated when the process of completing it is fun, or I get a reward at the end (like the Shiny Charm in X/Y).

Musicfan

the shadow mage
If the achievements are grind fests like get to lv 100 kill x amount of monsters, or something that you get automatically.
Examples of good achievements beat x box with out a 1charcter dieing.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
They're fun to set yourself challenges to get! For 90% of them they're just fun to have pop-up, but some of them like Deus Ex's Pacifist Achievement and stuff offer fun little ways to play the game and a nice little thumbs up at the end when you get the achievement. :D I certainly don't go hunting them down though, to try and 100% a game. Can't be bothered with doing that. Got stuff to do. People to see. Sausage rolls to eat.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Most of the games I have played lack an achievement function, so it doesn't matter to make whether the addition is in or not. I never go out of my to get them in the product that have the inclusions. Even so, it it very rewarding to receive an achievement. Sometimes I just do something creative with the game or defeated a super tough enemy/boss and it feels accomplishing to earn a trophy for my efforts.

They are especially funny when they don't make a lick of sense. In Xenoblade, I accidentally got the "Making Waves" achievement trying to die by jumping off a huge cliff. Then there is another for dealing 666 damage and a reward for losing however many fights so many times. Why would anyone congratulate me for failing at a game? XD

I like the feeling it gives me but I also don't care as much. But I voted yes anyways, because it just feels a little bit accomplishing. And sometimes after games on Steam and stuff I'll go back and get a few achievements or whatever. But it depends, I guess.

Skunk

Floof
If there's an achievement/trophy for getting every achievement/trophy then I will get that achievement/trophy; if not, I'll get whatever I get.

octorok74

TETTAC
I absolutely care. I love getting achievements because thwey show that I completed something. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the ones in Skyrim where it is just to complete quests that pertain to the main story, but they have cool designs so I don't complain much. My friend is way into achievements where he goes after them hard, 100% the game, then never plays the game again. Like with CoD: Ghosts there are no multiplayer achievements, so he never touched the multiplayer. He only did the campaign and extinction. But I do care about the achievements, I like seeing my gamerscore increase and seeing how I compare to my friends.

Fig

The Altruist
Personally when I play a video game and it doesn't have any achievements or trophies I don't mind it too much since it shouldn't affect it's gameplay. However, whenever I find out that a game has achievements, I will do anything to earn them all that the game can deliver. to me, achievements allow me to have a sense of pride for all of the hard work and effort that I have dedicated my time to. Sure they may just be virtual trophies, but even then, not everyone will not be able to obtain these achievements. This is why I feel so good about myself when the game declares that I had did something worthy within the game because it was by my hard work and dedication that allowed me to achieve such small gifts of appreciation as I would like to call it because there are some people who do adore a game or two but simply just doesn't have the time to play their games because of work, family, or they simply forgot about their games completely.

I don't really care. There's only one game I got all trophies for, which was Assassin's Creed II, mainly because I thought they were the easiest to obtain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom