• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you care about the Pokemon timeline?

Believe it or not, Pokemon DOES have a timeline, like Zelda it potentially even has a split timeline thanks to Mega Evolution and the games don't go in order of release.

For example Gens 1 and 3 happen at the same time whereas Gens 2 and 4 happen at the same time a few years later.

But do you care?

Does your Pokemon fandom pull you into timeline theory?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
What the crap, i knew Gen 2 happened after Gen 1 but that was it as far as timeline was concerned. I just assumed Gen 3 happened at a later time and so on

What the crap, i knew Gen 2 happened after Gen 1 but that was it as far as timeline was concerned. I just assumed Gen 3 happened at a later time and so on

Yep, it's a mess with wormholes and multiverses.

This is the best timeline i've seen

118774a07c5f100daa5490cc5baea3d51a58f255_hq.jpg

The top line of games are correct due to Pokemon Company confirmation but the rest is (decent) theory based on in game evidence.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Oh my god my brain is hurting Staaaahp.

But seriously it's actually good to see theres some sort of chronological order to the games.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I live for timelines tbh. I've been watching the Pokemon timeline for a while now, though I don't think that the spin offs really fit very well into the main franchise, outside MAYBE Ranger, and even that has some surprising insinuations about the Pokemon world I'm not sure feel right.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I mean the timeline does make sense when you look through it. The second timeline is more like a reboot that started with Gen 6 that they lampshaded in the Delta Episode. It's like the Star Trek timeline almost.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I feel like Lets Go will go somewhere a little after Omega Ruby since we see the original trio in their original outfits. Also Mega evolution.

Ezlo

The Minish Craftsman
Pokemon Timeline doesn't make much sense. It's full of Alternate Timelines. Take Gen 3 for example, Team Magma resurrects Groudon in Ruby, but It's Kyogre by Team Aqua in Sapphire, and in Emerald, both teams take part equally and Rayquaza stops their fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom