• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Believe That Nintendo Would Fall?

With the recent announcment of the 2DS people have been "eh" about it but I have also have seen people already not happy about it and they say they are "predicting" Nintendo's downfall because of the 2DS announcment. I'm not surprised because since the gamecube people have been "eh" about everything Nintendo has done but they are still going. What do you think?

Salem

SICK
People have been predicting Nintendo's fall since at least the N64 era. None of these prediction turned out true.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
They could fall, yeah, and if we're being realistic, in 20 - 30 years time, who's to say we'll even have Nintendo or Sony or Microsoft still in the game? But I think people are dumb and jumping the gun way too much with this 'Nintendo is doomed' talk; even if the Wii U doesn't pick up in sales and completely tanks, Nintendo has the money and resources to handle that. Unlike when SEGA pulled out, after the Saturn and Dreamcast, Nintendo has had generation after generation to stockpile a lot of cash. And the 3DS is doing quite well for itself anyway.

We'll only see if any company will fall in so many years time that it's pointless even discussing it, since it's just baseless speculation right now, fuelled by bias and favouritism.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
If they do then not for ages. Nintendo have and always will own the handheld market and so will be fine. The 3DS is doing very well, it and the 3DS XL have sold about 40 million units :) And don't worry about the 2DS, I can't imagine it costs that much to produce.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nintendo will fall in a good decade. Calling it now. :right:

For real, this "BLARGH NINTENDUR DOM" talk is only because the 2DS isn't as appealing as the 3DS(XL). It's completely natural for people to raise these sort of 'concerns' even if said 'concerns' aren't valid. Nintendo is very controversial for some people, so expect a lot of this talk in the near future. :yes:

I don't think it's really Nintendo's fault, 100% that sales are down. We've reached a time in gaming where it is really hard to introduce anything new and remain cost effective. We're hitting a ceiling in the technology available and it's making gamers feel like they are being offered the same things over and over again. Nintendo has always been the inventor in the world of gaming companies, and they continue to show that with their 3-D capabilities on handheld devices, the use of multiple pieces of hardware in order to further engage the player and more. The other companies generally copy Nintendo in their own way for their accessories.

I think the other companies know, deep down, that they need Nintendo to be the idea guy, but have reached a point where superficially they may be thinking that they can come up with innovative ideas all by themselves. So far, though, the only real change that Microsoft made was bulldozed down by an angry fan base and Sony hasn't offered anything new but a better graphics chip and a promise to have better backwards compatibility than the disappointing quality of the PS3.

For now, I would say that the winner will be the company that bags the most popular games. Nintendo has had a strong core for the same series for decades, so I don't think they will be the first to drop out of the gaming race. They have more series to continue than any other gaming company and the strong teams to keep pumping them out. I have found every Nintendo upgrade of mine to be very satisfying. My only regret is that I always wait until the fever dies down so I can get a discount, because by then the really good games have made their way out of stores and I have to spend time browsing online listings in order to find games I want to play. However, there are always lots of games on each Nintendo upgrade that I want to play. Backwards comp is very important to me, and Nintendo delivers the best on that front.

Big Octo

=^)
If the Wii U doesn't do well this holiday season, they might be in trouble. As it is now, they're already on track with current Wii U sales, and if they don't do something, then it could be all over. They've proven to have a few tricks up their sleeves, but we'll see how effective they can be in the future.

If Nintendo continues to produce hardware that dwindles in sales each generation, it will be obvious that the end is near for them, at least in the console department. They still have a strong grasp on the handheld market now, and the 2DS actually has a chance of being successful, considering the target audience.

If they failed in both consoles and handhelds, they can fall back on software. Though their systems may be no longer, Nintendo could still make their beloved games on other consoles, and they would likely still sell like hotcakes.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Not any time soon. They always make a sh*ton of money from their handhelds, and they've been the victor of 3 out of the 5 generations they've been in the race. They have well over $10 billion in the bank, and another $6 billion in premises and investments. And let's not forget they own the top two best-selling video game franchises, Super Mario and Pokemon, not to mention plenty of other multi-million sellers, such as The Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Mario Party, Kirby, and Super Smash Bros.

It would take multiple decades of absolute failures for Nintendo to die out. Is it possible? Yeah, technically... but extremely unlikely.

Worst case scenario, Nintendo joins with Sony and releases their IPs on Sony platforms. I could see that as a last resort. I don't think we'll ever see a time where Nintendo just ceases to exist entirely. These big companies will adapt, not die.

As long as Nintendo have Super Mario and Pokémon, Nintendo isn't going anywhere. How the 2DS has any relevance to the Fall of Nintendo is beyond me. It will take decades for Nintendo to completely disappear, the Wii U and 2DS isn't that bad that it will make Nintendo Bankrupt.

Salem

SICK
I was heard that Nintendo that if the Wii failed, they will go back to R&D and make a new console. I believe that's possibly the case with the Wii U if it potentially failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom