• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Believe in "Soulmates"?

Chiraku

Demon slayer
I believe in destiny, but I don't believe in Soulmates. Either you find the person you want to marry, or you don't.

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
Soulmates...How should I put it?
They could be people you call bro, sis, best friend, or/and husband/wife. Soul mates, I've found to be, people you feel that whatever it is that starts such a great friendship(nonsexual)/brotherhood, mariage, (and/or anyone else close to you , to be soul mates. I believe people, mostly only, see the individuality of it all, instead of it all.

I' not a good explainationist........

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I believe that there is a soul mate out there for some one. they don't necessarily have to be lovers though. I say this because I believe that my best-friend and I are soul mates. since the day that we met we had a bond like no other, on that just can simply be broken. i truly believe that we will be the best of friends for the rest of our lives and that if there really is reincarnation then if we find each other we will be soul mates in the next life to lol. I know it sounds intense but hey i'm just like that lol

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
I believe that there is a soul mate out there for some one. they don't necessarily have to be lovers though. I say this because I believe that my best-friend and I are soul mates. since the day that we met we had a bond like no other, on that just can simply be broken. i truly believe that we will be the best of friends for the rest of our lives and that if there really is reincarnation then if we find each other we will be soul mates in the next life to lol. I know it sounds intense but hey i'm just like that lol
I've got four; three are best friends/bros and one is the woman I still love. But the one I love is my perfect, conflicting soulmate.....we'll never be for each other, but we'll never get rid of this crazy bond we have.

No. I just don't believe in soul mates. There are so many people out there in the world, it's impossible to pin point one specific person and say, "Yep, that's the one! He's/She's so perfect, I just want to marry them as soon as I can." When that happens, you're just in an illusion. You aren't thinking straight. It's more lust than love. Or, you're just jumping to conclusions. You might think they are for the first few years, then once you marry them and move in together, you'll see their true self. Sometimes it goes well and they're great, but other times their real self can be an utter nightmare. That's why divorce rates are out the window now days. It's just crazy to think that way. In my eyes, there's more than one person out there that will be compatible for you for a relationship., you jut got to keep searching far and wide for them.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The big mistake people make with soulmates is they think in a romantic way while this doesn't have to be the case. My former cowroker who was gay and me had such a great bond. It was really starnge. We could get along so well and we knew exactly what the other was doing all the time. He was 12 years older than me and we had this special bond. Everybody who knew us were like damn you two are so close there is nothing what could tear you two apart. I trully believe we are soulmates but not the love factor. To be soulmates doesn't necessarily have to do with love.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I don't believe in destiny. You control your life, and nothing else does. I think that there isn't anyone out there that is there that is meant to be with me. I just believe that if the two people grow a strong enough bond then they might fall in love. I don't know if I've found that person yet or not. I just have to wait, because only the future will give me the answers.

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
I don't believe in destiny. You control your life, and nothing else does. I think that there isn't anyone out there that is there that is meant to be with me. I just believe that if the two people grow a strong enough bond then they might fall in love. I don't know if I've found that person yet or not. I just have to wait, because only the future will give me the answers.

It doesn't have to be destiny.
How will I put this......? Imagine two things from the same stone, koolaid packet, deck of cards, etc.

The big mistake people make with soulmates is they think in a romantic way while this doesn't have to be the case. My former cowroker who was gay and me had such a great bond. It was really starnge. We could get along so well and we knew exactly what the other was doing all the time. He was 12 years older than me and we had this special bond. Everybody who knew us were like damn you two are so close there is nothing what could tear you two apart. I trully believe we are soulmates but not the love factor. To be soulmates doesn't necessarily have to do with love.

Oh, in that sense, of course! It's just that in today's society soul mate is primarily used as a way of saying that there is only one lover that's truly right for you, and they are somewhere out there. That's why my mind went directly to love instead of close, intimate friendship with an individual. In that case, I've found my soul mate already. I call him my brother. I met him 5 years ago at my relatives party and we INSTANTLY bonded. I basically ditched my other friends just to get to know him as a person. Since then, our friendship has gotten stronger and nothing can break it. We go everywhere together. We tell each other everything: personal problems, love life, family problems, whatever. He's literally like the brother I never had.

I just don't believe in the other, false meaning of soul mate.

Dan

No soulmates is a load of crap, you know it, she knows it, that black guys across the street from me that always has popcorn stuck to his lower left thigh knows it, everyone knows it, no need to waste time explaining something some obvious

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
that black guy across the street from me that always has popcorn stuck to his lower left thigh

That's me by the way. ;)

Anyway yeah, soulmates really do not exist. Unless someone can give me a different perspective to think about them?

Soulmates...How should I put it?
They could be people you call bro, sis, best friend, or/and husband/wife. Soul mates, I've found to be, people you feel that whatever it is that starts such a great friendship(nonsexual)/brotherhood, mariage, (and/or anyone else close to you , to be soul mates. I believe people, mostly only, see the individuality of it all, instead of it all.

I' not a good explainationist........

Yes, thank you, you three. This is exactly what came to mind when I saw this thread.

When I think of soulmates, I don't think of them in a romantic sense. I think of moirails. The urban dictionary defines moirails as:
"Your soul mate in a non-romantic sense. You cannot live without this person; they complete you. They balance you. You would be lost forever without them. Moirails are not just "best friends". It's so much more than that. Moirail is the ultimate bond that you can feel with someone."

Simply put, they're the person who is your perfect other half. I don't think that this is a fictional concept. Sure, the term "moirail" was first used in a very fictional story, but that doesn't mean it isn't real.

While I don't believe in romantic soulmates--the idea that there is a single person in the world who is meant to be with you--I believe that there are those bonds that can never be severed, those who are so much more than best friends, as in the definition above. There could very well be multiple potential soulmates for a person, but one who finds their soulmate is incredibly lucky. I find myself wishing that I could meet my moirail more often than I wish that I could meet my future husband/wife. It's not an immediate thing, but it is permanent, truer than any kind of love, in my opinion.

I know it's real because I've seen it happen.

So, yes, I believe in soulmates, but not the romantic kind, and not the idea that there is only one.

I think it's really difficult to find that one person whom your realllllllly compatible with, majorly attracted to, and love in many ways (romantic, platonic). So, yes, I do believe in "soulmates" as I do think it's really hard to find that perfect match... but surely there's quite a few '"soulmates" out there for a person.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh, in that sense, of course! It's just that in today's society soul mate is primarily used as a way of saying that there is only one lover that's truly right for you, and they are somewhere out there. That's why my mind went directly to love instead of close, intimate friendship with an individual. In that case, I've found my soul mate already. I call him my brother. I met him 5 years ago at my relatives party and we INSTANTLY bonded. I basically ditched my other friends just to get to know him as a person. Since then, our friendship has gotten stronger and nothing can break it. We go everywhere together. We tell each other everything: personal problems, love life, family problems, whatever. He's literally like the brother I never had.

I just don't believe in the other, false meaning of soul mate.

I can understand your point completely. Because when two persons hook up in a romantic way the first thing they always say is he/she is made for me. And when they break up they are like he/she was not my soulmate after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom