• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you behave differently online?

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I write a heck of a lot more eloquently than I normally speak, so text format stuff usually ends up making me less all over the place

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I'm probably more of an ass in person because i have body language that helps show that I don't really mean in. On most sites I try to act a little nicer.

The exception is probably FFR because I've been there for like 13 years and the secrets already out.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I try to be the same as I am IRL as I am online. I think there's always going to be some degree of separation whether you realize it or not, though. Not just because the anonymity that the internet offers often inspires some level of performative behavior, but the text-based format requires a different kind of communication as well. It's hard to be exactly the same as you are IRL when online, but I think it's better to be as true to yourself as you can be. You make more genuine friends that way.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
These days for the most part I am the same online as I am in person, I just exist in person so much more. I used to be more myself online than offline but these days since I have started being myself more offline it has more closely aligned to me being myself everywhere.

In some ways, yes, but in other ways, no.

In real life, I don't make superficial judgements or spew smart-mouthed quips. I actually consider myself to be polite, level headed guy; sites like this are really where I go to forget about that for a while and just have fun.

However, much like on these forums, I like to avoid discussing personal issues and politics whenever I can. Mainly because I always prefer to avoid unnecessary drama in both cases.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Not at all! I'm very bad at hiding my true colors. Whether I'm online or I fell from the line, I'm always the same jovial guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom