• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

do you ask for help

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hello,

When I was in high school and didn't understand something, people always encouraged me to ask for help. Now that I'm out of that *****, everybody seems to be pissed off that they have to help. So I avoid asking people for help nowadays (duh).

Anyway what about you. Do you ask for help? Why/why not? What sorts of reactiosn do you tend to get

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Of course! I ask for help and I help whenever asked, and I think that's just how it should be. You won't learn anything if you don't ask someone, and then the next person won't learn anything when they ask you. It's an important cycle to have, I think, so I don't mind doing both. Plus I dislike being, urrrrrrrrrm, I'm not sure how to put it... I like to be good at what I do, sort of thing! And so, if asking for help will aid in that, then I have no qualms at all doing it.

There are times when I don't want to ask a certain person for help, if I don't like them or if they come across as an angry individual, but that's because of them, not the inherent act of asking for help. :)

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
I guess it depends on my mood. Some days I'm fine to ask for help even on the smallest matters because I am, frankly, being a lazy ****, and others days I'm stubborn as **** and I'll hiss at anyone who gives me a hint without my say so.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I find it only natural to ask for help if I don't know anything. Because everyone has something they don't know or understand. My boss will sometimes ask me for computer help or other colleagues will, and it's usually simple stuff that I find a non-issue, but they are just less tech-savvy than me. At the same time, they are the people to go to on other work-related issues. No one benefits from everyone just keeping their knowledge and skills to themselves, and the person you ask for help one week might come to you for help on something completely different the other week.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
In school I never asked for help because I thought it meant i was stoopid. Now I realise that if you don't ask you don't learn, so if I need help I ask. If it inconveniences someone well frankly they can go do something to a certain body part :) I'm nearly always willing to at least try to help someone if they don't understand something. It's all about learning and ending ignorance not letting it all fester.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I absolutely ask for help all the time. I'm highly inquisitive, so I always want to know why something is done a certain way. I always want to improve. At the same time, I'm always willing to help when others need it. There are things I excel at that other people don't grasp as well, and other people have skills and knowledge that I don't have. I'm willing to share what I know and learn what I can from other people.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I was a teenager I was way to shy to ask for help. The thought alone freaked me out. But nowadays I ask for help when I need help and I'll help people when they ask me unless I really can't help them. But you never know untill you ask.

Not often. No. I'm usually too anxietied and scared to approach random people and ask them for help. I've gotten into some potentially deep shiz because I didn't have the balls to just ask. I think deep down that another part of it is pride. I'm the type that's learned to figure things out, and try to conquer obstacles, on my own. Though I guess that, too, developed out of anxiety. I may (read: MAY) ask for help if the hypothetical situation is dire (i.e., a medical emergency, etc., especially if it involves someone besides me), but that's something that I've yet to experience, so I dunno...

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
One of the main problems my boss has with me is that I almost never ask for help, even if I think I might need it. I'm not too sure why, but I think it's due to my desire to be independent. I try to do what I can myself, even if it takes a long time. I've never broken anything, but I've wasted lots of time trying to do things without help, and that's what my boss gets annoyed about. Certain things I ask for help with, but most of the time I don't, even if I need it.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
When it comes to material in school, I tend not to ask for help, unless I'm hopelessly confused. I like trying to figure things out by myself first, because I tend to remember it a lot better if I do it on my own.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'll almost always ask for help for general things when I need it. I think it is one of the best ways to learn and people are generally pretty happy to help, I try to be the same. For personal matters, I will only ask for help from a very small group of people as while I seem pretty confident and outgoing to most people I tend to be very private and only share anything emotional with a very select few.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
I have really grown on asking for help. I used to be really bad with trying to do it on my own and I learned thats it ok to ask for help. So know I do and I do a lot and it really aids my life Whole lot.

Do you ask for help? Why/why not? What sorts of reactiosn do you tend to get
This is only half the question. The other question that should be asked is "Do you offer help?", and I don't necessarily mean when it's explicitly asked for. I mean have you ever went to someone and asked "Can I help you?" when it seemed as if it were needed?

As far as answering the questions; I'd ask for help rather than be willfully ignorant or stranded, and I would certainly help those who needed it without requiring and sort of payment as that can only help better society.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom