• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Allow Your Pet(s) on the Furniture?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well I don't have any pets, but when I did, I was quite biased. I had a pet dog at one point and a pet cat at one point.

The dog? I would never allow even within the house. The dog was an outside pet for me, 24/7. When we took in a stray dog at many points in time, they would stay outside and we would feed them.

The cat? The cat was an indoors animal when we had her. We ALWAYS allowed her on the furniture, simply because she'd hop on without regards to human wishes. Good luck trying to stop a cat, anyway; they're not gonna listen you no matter what you may do for them under their superiority complex. ;)

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
My cats have free reign over the house- they're usually pretty good at not getting in the way, which is wonderful. My roommate's cat would insist on laying on my boyfriend's mouse while he played DotA 2.

My parents have dogs that they let on the furniture (both now and back when I lived with them). I liked the dogs, don't get me wrong, but if they were mine and it was my furniture, I don't think I'd let them on anything. Or, I'd cover my furniture with heavy blankets I don't care about and then let them up.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Cats yes, dog no. 80lb German Shepherd plus BRAND NEW couches is a no go for me because he will destroy them quickly. The kittys just hop up and roll around. And they dont shed near as much as the dog.

Kirino

Tatakae
My cat goes wherever he wants. I don't mind, it's not like he's doing anything bad. I probably couldn't stop him even if I tried. Cat's are pretty damn persistent.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Sometimes, I let my rabbits get in to my house and let them play. They're nice and furry and great to play. So yeah, I allow them play at the furnitures.

Dan

Sometimes, I let my rabbits get in to my house and let them play. They're nice and furry and great to play. So yeah, I allow them play at the furnitures.
I actually had a friend too that let his rabbit roam round the house. I think it's pretty neat but one problem is, don't rabbits poop everywhere, you can house train a dog and a cat but I dunno :P

I don't care if me animals sit on the furniture, as long as they aren't messy it's cool.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Any of you ever noticed how much hair both cats and dogs leave behind when they lose their hair???? I'm allergic so I absolutely won't allow any cat ot dog on my couch! And kitties are great BUT ever noticed how they love to use furniture to sharpen their nails????
So no.....I don't have pets besides a lost spider from time to time but I will not allow them on my furniture

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I personally don't mind it. I understand why some people dislike animals on the furniture, but if it's my stuff then I really don't care. As long as they don't have mud on them or smell bad then I'm good lol.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Well, I'm fine with whatever my pets do (except, ya know, **** in the house), but my parents are really tight about it. I generally have to end up kicking 'em off because I'm told to. I always feel bad about it...

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
My dog is always allowed on the furniture, he even made this little spot on the one couch his lookout tower, can see right out of the window and view the lawn from there. Earl is a shihtzu, so it’s not like he really makes a mess when he’s on the furniture, he’s too tiny. Besides that little lookout of his, he’ll also often just rest on a pillow on the couch in the living room or just go and nap on the couch that’s in the sun room, yep. Also sometimes wrestles with my step-dad on the couch and often enough can be found snoozing on my bed during mornings like today, as nobody else is home and he likes to sleep in my company when everyone else is gone, heh. He’s a good dog…

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well, in a way yes and no.

Yes, in that I'll let them onto my bed and couches to lay on and sleep or sit next to me. But no when it comes to tables and countertops in the kitchen. Those are places where you prepare food and eat it as well and I'd rather not allow them to be able to get onto those surfaces. Even if you keep the animal clean, they still walk around in things that you wouldn't want to be put near or on your food (cat litter being an example), so those would be the only things I wouldn't allow them on. As far as other things go as long as my food and drink don't sit on them, then they're allowed to be on there as much as they want.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Much to my family's dismay, I leave the cage open for my Cockatiel to fly around whenever she wants. Although usually unless I'm in the room, she won't come out of the cage. When she's out she sometimes either just sits on top of the cage, on the nearby chair, on one of the bar stools, or on the couch. Cockatiels can be somewhat messy as they poop about 40 times per day. It's small and insignificant really, but still something you have to clean up on furniture or on the carpet. Sometimes the bird is out the entire day. Sometimes it just sleeps on the couch when I'm sleeping on the couch myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom