• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Actually Like Sleeping?

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I like to sleep. I sleep a lot because I'm always tired, but I think that's because I'm always in some kind of pain. (I have a screw in the roof of the mouth, braces, and a lot of muscle tension in my jaw, neck and shoulders/upper back.)

Sleeping is also an escape for me if I've been crying a lot. A lot of the emotional things I go through also make me very tired, so that's another reason why it's an escape for me.

So yes, I do indeed like sleeping.

Dan

Yes and only because I'm this guy.
Freddy_Krueger.JPG

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I only like to sleep if I am really tired and have a really nice pillow to lay my head on.^^

Japas

Indigo-Go's Bassist
I love sleeping it's amazing, it's a great way to pass time. It's my favorite thing to do. I can sleep almost anywhere. And almost anytime. It's my favorite thing to do because I don't have to deal with the pain of existing when I'm asleep.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
To be honest I asked this question because I know a few people who actually hate going to bed. Not because they're some kind of nocturnal humans or crazy party animals, but simply because they just hate sleeping.
Well, I do stay up late, almost every night... but that's because I like the night time, and I have games to play. :3
And I just do better at night. The day makes me sleepy. =P
I am more awake at night.

But anyway... YES. I do like sleeping. Though I prefer to sleep during the day.
If I could have it my way, I would be nocturnal. :lol:

I like sleeping because my dream world is so much better than the real world, even though over half the $hit that goes on in my unconscious brain makes about as much sense as a bottle of tapeworms labeled "pickles"..... (meaning- my dreams are always incomprehensible)

I also like sleeping because it can be used as an escape from pain.
When you are asleep, you don't have nausea, or period cramps, or headaches, or sore throats, or illness, or ANYTHING, unless it's part of a dream.

Though, I wish I could have nightmares. I'm not scared of anything really, so the feeling of fear intrigues me. And I guess because I don't really get scared, I don't get nightmares. But I kind of wish I could have one, just to know what it's like. :/ (I also like horror- so what other people might consider a "nightmare" I just find normal).... then again, if that's the case, a "nightmare" for me would probably be terrible... Like I'd be forced into some situation where I had to wear pink, or do something I thought was lame and dumb.... so I guess maybe I don't want that? -Maybe I should rephrase- I want a spine-chilling, bloodbath, super-duper, horror-filled dream. The kind of thing one typically thinks of when they hear the word "Nightmare". Though, I probably still won't be freaked out much if I were to get one. I mean, my dreams are almost there already.... except they don't have much point or sense of reason, and that kind of- throws a wrench in the whole "scary" factor... (Okay, I'll stop rambling now) xD

I've on and off suffered from chronic headaches and neck pain, and there have also been times where I've been rather stressed out (or just burnt out for the day) from stuff I have to do or things that happen. During both of these times sleep is a relief; I get to spend a few hours in utter relaxation and basically reset everything both physically and emotionally. I think I would be an exceptionally bitter person if I didn't have that. xP

So yeah I enjoy sleep. It also feels really good when I'm worn out. It does kinda feel like a waste of time, and there have been plenty of times I forgo some sleep in favor of TV shows that are on late, good conversation on here or on Skype, one more match of League of Legends (:bleh:), or sometimes finishing work (>.<).

I think since I used to have the habit of staying up late doing those things it's created a more ongoing feeling of exhaustion that has made me enjoy sleep much more and stay up much less, so there's that. (And because of that, I strongly recommend you don't make a habit of staying up late even if it seems like you can manage it, because it will catch up with you eventually.)

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Well I just wanna say I love to sleep. Problem is, I have to be reeeeally tired to actually fall asleep. So I stay up late. A lot. Like, I'm trying to stop going to bed at 4-5 AM and waking up at 1-2 PM. But my sleeping schedule has never been early, 11 AM is about a good time for me to wake up usually. Yay homeschooling~!

But seriously, I need my goddesses-danged 10 hours of freaking sleep if you want me to do POOP for you! Yes, ten. I need a lot of sleep. I need to have all my dreams for the night, I need to remember them and NOT be distracted by an alarm of ANY kind first thing in the morning, and I need to get out of that warm piece of Heaven known as my bed in the morning WHEN I AM BLEEPING READY AND NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON.

But no naps. I can't take naps. My mouth always tastes weird after a nap, and my brain is always all derp, so no naps. But sleep, ooooh sleep is such a good thing. I love it, I would marry sleep if I could.

P

PremierChocolat

leap I good sides for the body and soul. You see when a lover is tired it spends much time in the bed for recuperation and this is good for the soul as ordained by God. James

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I really do like sleeping. I like it a lot. There's nothing like laying in bed and closing your eyes and drifting off into relaxation. I like to get a lot of sleep because I feel better when I'm well-rested. I like to get 9 or 10 hours of sleep. I also like sleeping because I like to dream. Dreams really fascinate me, and they also give me inspiration. Dreaming is pretty fun. But the biggest reason I like sleeping is because I'm just a lazy person. I love to stay in bed all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom