• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do Trade Evoluions Annoy You?

We don't have anyone to trade with and for some reason cannot get the 2DS online. Trading is a cool idea, Trade Evolutions are not. So they do annoy me. What do the rest of you think?

I hate trade evolutions, too. Why can't we just evolve a Pokemon like Graveler or Haunter the normal way instead of through trades? Game Freak should know that not many people have friends who play Pokemon, so it's a pretty big problem when it comes to trade evolution. I honestly hope they remove this in the future, but it all depends on what Game Freak wants to do.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I'd like the inclusion of held items that would allow stuff like Kadabra to evolve, like in the Mystery Dungeon series. It also makes it impossible to get those pokemon on an emulator.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
I don't mind 'em (then again I have two bros who play it), but I'd only trade if I knew I was getting one that trade-evolved back.
Sometimes the games remedy this by having npcs trade you evolving pokemon, unless I'm mistaken.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I think they are okay. I mean, yeah, I know why they must be annoying for some people who find it hard to do that with just one 3ds, or 2ds, etc, and not have someone to help them out. But I think they give Pokemon Evolution a broader way of evolving where you don't have to evolve a certain pokemon by yourself, rather with help from a friend or person. :) (I hope I make sense, because I know that I don't at times). :cool:

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I only really find it annoying when an item is required.
Other than that, they really don't bother me.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
During Gen III and prior I did because I never had anyone to trade with. Now with the GTS, trade evolving is much easier.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
They were terrible terrible when I first started playing Pokemon. I had a Kadabra in FireRed for the longest time before I gave up on it. Unaware of the Internet and purchasable guidebooks, I had no clue why nothing was happening. When I did stumble across the info, I was pretty annoying about not being able to have Pokemon like Alakazam, Gengar, and all the other trade evolutions.

When Gen IV came out, got a DS first, and later got a DSi for Christmas, so trading was no longer an issue. I can't remember what my first trade evolution was - if I even used it - but I sure do remember how much I was squeeing.

Well I usually have 2 of the same console so trade evolutions don't really bother me. Throughout most of the Gens, I have always had some way of connecting two games. the GCN/GBA Link cable for Colosseum/Gale of Darkness to the Gen III games, two DSs for Gen IV and V and 2 3DSs for Gen VI (and technically Gen IV and V). I never really traded in Gen I but that was because I never really cared about trading back then.

Trade evolutions don't really affect me much anyway because the Pokémon that evolve via trading are Pokémon that I wouldn't use anyway, so there's no real problem about them, for me anyway.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
It never really did at the beginning, mainly because I had my bro playing too. A couple minutes with the link cable and we would be done. Now it seems that despite wifi and being able to connect with virtually anyone, it can be at times, be more annoying to do. I've been lucky enough to get people like Pancake Samurai to help me out with trading to evolve, but it still remains to be a tedious task.

yeah they do a lot. golem is my fav pokemon and guess what he needs to be evolved and that is just dumb because i dont have any friends like like pokemon they dont play it. i mean golem is just a huge rock but i think he is cool anyway why should you need to trade a rock in the first place it makes me angry i hate game freak they dont think of the people without friends i wish they were hit in the mouth for this

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
yeah they do a lot. golem is my fav pokemon and guess what he needs to be evolved and that is just dumb because i dont have any friends like like pokemon they dont play it. i mean golem is just a huge rock but i think he is cool anyway why should you need to trade a rock in the first place it makes me angry i hate game freak they dont think of the people without friends i wish they were hit in the mouth for this

What I got out of this is we need to trade more rocks and Game Freak is a bunch of mean bullies. I for one agree.

It is annoying to have to evolve Pokemon by trading if you don't have someone to help you. That said, in the past if I wanted to complete the game quickly to access tough-to-reach items (e.g. Dawn Stone in Gen 4, or just duplicate one-of-a-kind Pokemon in general), being able to evolve a newly evolved Kadabra right to Alakazam did make things easier. Great buff in stats. Trade-evolved Pokemon also don't suffer as much in terms of learning new moves.

D

Deleted member 14134

I find it annoying, it started as a Gimmick to try to get people to buy both versions of the game but now it just seems like a burden to unlock some of the most powerful pokemon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom