• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do Nintendo Fans Refuse to Adapt?

I see it more as options. The younger player or someone who likes a newer control method is covered here. As well as the old Melee diehard who will only smash now with a GC controller. Even the 3DS fans are covered as you can use a 3DS as a controller for the WiiU version. There 's nothing not to like here.

I do not think it's Nintendo fans are refusing to adapt to the future. If anything they have to adapt the most. Each new Nintendo console has a radically new controller. Not like the slightly changed ones the PS and Xbox do each console. And very few people complain about it. I think they enjoy the idea of a new controller on a new console. Smash Bros is one game that is a special case. It's probably the only Nintendo console game that has fans wanting to use an out dated control scheme with it. I think Nintendo fans are willing to accept change more than fans of other consoles.

I don't think it really reflects on Nintendo other than good business strategy. As others have pointed out, the GameCube controller is a very popular controller among the fans, especially given the popularity of Melee. However, I do believe that Nintendo fans are rather against adapting despite many people demanding innovative and new games, but for different reasons. The fans seem to demand innovation and new things but then get all upset when that is introduced or just don't buy the game. Mario as a series is a great example. If I remember correctly, all of the games that follow the classic Mario games are those that sell best. The other games aren't bad, they all receive a lot of praise from fans and critics alike, but yet they don't really seem to sell as many units for some reason.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I think repetition and formulas are standard in gaming no matter what company you look at.

Depends on whether you like the formula or not.

Nintendo has been around for 25+ years whereas most companies out now are about 10 years old.

It would be like a 20 year old kid making fun of an old man who has full head of hair, is in good shape and goes jogging every morning.

Mario and Zelda do have their share of re-hashes but they're holding up quite well.

Nintendo itself could still stand to make new IP's, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom