• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do many songs/tracks you like give you goosebumps?

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
How many songs give you goosebumps, or all at?

For me, lots of times I’ve had big goosebump moments

Lots of the soundtrack from Kirby’s Return to Dreamland, especially C-R-O-W-N-E-D and Aurora Area, and a lot of Twilight Princess music too gave me pretty big goosebumps combined with the atmosphere of some places. Hollow Knight did it for me with the City of Tears combined with the very atmospheric area, and most of all Space Junk Galaxy always gives me goosebumps every time I hear it

There are others, but yeah, lots of songs give me goosebumps

Some do, sure. I think in most cases, its the quality of vocals and how they harmonize with the instruments and convey an emotion that transcends the lyrics. There tends to be a certain part of songs where that hits the hardest in my experience. Sometimes covers of songs hit way harder for me in that "chilling" way than the original, so I feel like it has to be something artistically channelled in how it's played that's different and not necessarily the composition itself.

Lots of Mechina and Vaerisa songs give me chills. Mechina's Realm Breaker overwhelms me every single time with that reprised chorus at 4:19. I unfortunately cannot cite Vaerisa's work for the time being as they're currently working on re-releasing their stuff and they're unavailable online everywhere. But a song called Severance did very magical things.

Illenium's Take You Down really only gives me goosebumps if I'm singing along with it. Actually, uh, feeling firsthand the emotion put into the vocals of that one really makes it hit different. It's pretty fresh on my mind cuz I sang it the other night and was thinking about that.

And of course pieces that are designed to be emotional cinematic experiences like Nathan Wagner's Lonely, and Ursine Vulpine & Annaca's And So My Heart Became a Void.

Video game music has an advantage because it's more than just the sense of sound you're involving. When there are visuals accompanying something emotional, yeah that's gonna be an experience.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes, some tracks certainly do. It also depends if it fits with a certain part of a game. When playing TP for the first time I always got goosebumps when Rutela shows up and the music starts to play. At the time I didn't know it was the serenade of water because I didn't play OoT yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom