• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild do I need the dlc now ... ?

Hi All

I havent finished the game yet , I got only 2 divine beasts till now ( the elephant and the Bird) . The rest are still in the hunt.

I am in Gerudo town as I write and quite sufficiently stocked up qua weapons & bows . ( no ancient armors yet though)

I know , stuff like travel medallion etc are in the dlc.

My query : do I need the dlc now or should I get the dlc once I have finished the game at least once. ?

what will the dlc provide me / or Not provide me if I install it - as I write .

Just the pros & cons I was looking for ....so Thanks for any insight here folks.

If you get the DLC now you'll only really be able to enjoy the new armour sets.

Things like Majora's Mask may make things a little easier for you because it makes you invisible to all enemies aside from Guardians and Lynels.

You also get Guardian horse armour which allows it to teleport to you from anywhere on the map.

However, the armours in the DLC aren't upgradable like the armour within the base game, so it isn't going to make the game any easier for you.

As for the meat of the DLC, you can only access part two of the DLC after clearing every Divine Beast and beating the game.

The first part you can access after finding the Master Sword, but it's probably better to try the Master Trials in the post game because it's pretty difficult.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Hi All

I havent finished the game yet , I got only 2 divine beasts till now ( the elephant and the Bird) . The rest are still in the hunt.

I am in Gerudo town as I write and quite sufficiently stocked up qua weapons & bows . ( no ancient armors yet though)

I know , stuff like travel medallion etc are in the dlc.

My query : do I need the dlc now or should I get the dlc once I have finished the game at least once. ?

what will the dlc provide me / or Not provide me if I install it - as I write .

Just the pros & cons I was looking for ....so Thanks for any insight here folks.

Unpopular opinion, but you can probably pass on the DLC.

The only part of the DLC I enjoyed were the Master Trials. They challenge you to go through gauntlets without any sort of equipment aside from that which you find in the trials themselves. They're fun, but they're not fun $20 worth of fun.

The DLC armor sets can't be upgraded, so they're rendered useless the moment you can upgrade any of the normal equipment.

Contrary to expectations, Champions Ballad isn't the story-focused expansion a lot of us expected it to be. It's just a series of shrines where you unlock some uneventful cutscenes. The game barely acknowledges that they exist, and I just couldn't be asked to finish them. To this day, I've never played the new temple, the new boss, or the new vehicle, because the DLC just wasn't fun.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
As much as i enjoyed the DLC there wasn't much meat to it, nothing that really expanded the story and all we got was a gimmicky item at the end of champions ballad which comes so late and after everything it's just useless practically. The Sword Trials i'd do just for the the reward if i actually used the Master Sword for anything but tree chopping.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I did like the final reward :D I'm not going to spoil it for you in case you decide to buy the DLC anyway. Majora's Mask makes it easier for you to pass some enemies. The keese, chuchus and overworld bosses will notice you though and attack you. Lynels take a while before they know it's a trick. That's easier when you need to pass them but don't wanna fight them. Out of the armor I like the evil armor the most. Link looks cool dressed as Phantom Ganon :P

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Oh I did like the final reward :D I'm not going to spoil it for you in case you decide to buy the DLC anyway. Majora's Mask makes it easier for you to pass some enemies. The keese, chuchus and overworld bosses will notice you though and attack you. Lynels take a while before they know it's a trick. That's easier when you need to pass them but don't wanna fight them. Out of the armor I like the evil armor the most. Link looks cool dressed as Phantom Ganon :P

I've never had Lynels attack me while wearing Majora's Mask, like i've left my dude standing in front of them for several hours and not gotten picked up, so i've no clue here. Chus and keese are pains in the asses cuz as soon as you start getting them they ruin the "spell" the mask casts letting everything know i'm human T.T i just wanted to feed bokoblins y'know.

It does seem like drawing a weapon and swinging it around monster while wearing the mask breaks the illusions (as it were) same with runes.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I've never had Lynels attack me while wearing Majora's Mask, like i've left my dude standing in front of them for several hours and not gotten picked up, so i've no clue here. Chus and keese are pains in the asses cuz as soon as you start getting them they ruin the "spell" the mask casts letting everything know i'm human T.T i just wanted to feed bokoblins y'know.

It does seem like drawing a weapon and swinging it around monster while wearing the mask breaks the illusions (as it were) same with runes.
Hmm I might try it out. I had it happen to me a few times that lynels started to attack me after a while. One time I took a selfie with a lynel and the other time I don't know if I even used anything but after a minute or two he attacked me. I don't remember if I used anything or did anything special. I'm going to add this on my to do list :D

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Hmm I might try it out. I had it happen to me a few times that lynels started to attack me after a while. One time I took a selfie with a lynel and the other time I don't know if I even used anything but after a minute or two he attacked me. I don't remember if I used anything or did anything special. I'm going to add this on my to do list :D

Yeah if any runes or weapons are drawn it angers them, which kinda poses the idea that Lynels don't attack one another and all know each other like.

<selfie with a Lynel> :^^:
heh heh .....thats a First !

Should ask @Satan to show off their lynel fan club sometime ^^ they did alot of stuff with toying with lynels a while back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom