• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do Certain Sounds Help You Sleep?

Yes, usually it's creepy music though, for some reason. I love listening to the Twilight theme in Twilight Princess when I go to sleep.

For most of my life I’ve had some kind of fan on at night, even if just to have it pointed away on colder winter ones. I do feel the need for air in general to not be “stagnant” if that makes sense. That and I don’t know if it’s some mild form of tinnitus or something where sometimes I’ll get ringing in my ears if it’s too quiet.

In more recent years I’ve also been finding videos with some generic jazz, or asmr-adjacent thunderstorm videos or 8-10 hour driving through heavy rain to watch and listen to.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The military left me with tinnitus in both ears, so I've been keeping a fan on and blowing for pretty much the past ten years. It's just loud enough to block out the dim ringing in my ears.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I noticed that hearing people talking helped me fall asleep, so did the sound of rain. But overall I don't need noise to fall asleep, I tend to fall asleep without any noise as well.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
I normally have a fan blowing to make some noise. I can sleep without noise, it is just this way is easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom