• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do any of you have food sensitivities/allergies?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Especially in the past decade it seems that more and more people have discovered a whole host of different food allergies or sensitivities that hadn't been recognized or understood before, such as common ones like gluten sensitivity, dairy sensitivity, nut allergy, to uncommon ones like red meat allergy, avocado intolerance, allergy to citrus, etc.

For those of you with sensitivities or allergies like this, how has it affected your daily life? And have you adopted a new way of eating overall that adapts to those food intolerances?

For me personally, I'm sensitive to both gluten and dairy (it mostly affects my energy levels and mood when I eat foods containing gluten or dairy). So you can imagine how that limits my options when eating (although I do occasionally have a bit of both). But the paleo lifestyle has been great actually. I can enjoy a variety of meat, vegetables, fruits, and nuts, as well as other common substitutes like almond and coconut milk. Thankfully, since most food items are clearly labeled with ingredients or if they're gluten-free and dairy-free, it hasn't been so much of a hassle to manage.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I think I am probably lactose intolerant to some extent as I often feel sick after having a large amount of chocolate milk or ice cream. Other than that though not anything that I know of.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I'm not allergic to anything nor do I have any sensitives, which is good. That said I am a picky eater, so what I do eat is limited in that regard anyways, lol

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I thought I might have had a wheat allergy last year. But finally ended up getting allergy tested (since I have a lot of other allergies not food related) and none of the food ones I was tested for came back positive. Though I only checked off foods I had been avoiding to be tested for since I was having some issues I thought could be food allergy related.

I have cut out chocolate for the most part (still eat a little bit every now and then) since then though because it does seem to bother me some now.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have no allergies to anything except dust. I have to always think about it though when working with kids; what to carry in my bag and making sure they don't get near anything that can trigger a reaction and such. It's been on my mind all the time as a teacher and it's usually one of the first things I try to confirm whenever I enter a new classroom. So whether I have them or not, I have to be aware of them anyway.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I didn't in the past but moreso lately i find that eating certain things makes me feel sick. I can't really handle instant oatmeal or instant mashed potatoes anymore, and those are things I'd eaten a lot of in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom