• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Do Any of You Find It Surprising That...

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Link (the OoT or "Hero of Time" Link) is not a Sage? Almost every other important character in OoT becomes a Sage, even Zelda! I just find it a little strange that Link is as powerful and important as he is, but he never becomes a Sage.
I know I'm not the first to wonder this. Discuss your thoughts/opinions on the subject.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
From what I gathered in Rauru & Zelda's insights to the legend, the role of the Sages in OoT was to aid the Hero of Time in his role of defeating the evil threatening Hyrule. Had Link, who was destined to be the HoT, become a sage, there wouldn't be any Hero for the Sages to aid.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Seeing Link as a Sage, no, doesen't made sense for me. Like JuicieJ already told, Link is simply the hero of the game. Every citizen of Hyrule has a task to fulfill. Some of these tasks may be useless. Some of the characters will become a usefull support to Link. Some characters get the task to annoy the player. A few other are lucky enough to become a Sage. And there is a boy, who will become the hero of the story. End of the story ;)

The comment of insanity76 should explain the rest of this topic.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Link couldn't be a Sage, he has to do all the world-saving. If he was sitting in that room being a Sage, he wouldn't be able to stop Ganon.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Link couldn't be a Sage, he has to do all the world-saving. If he was sitting in that room being a Sage, he wouldn't be able to stop Ganon.
I meant it as one of those "after you've completed your quest/purpose" things, kind of like the other sages. They did not become Sages until after their purpose was served.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Link can't really be a sage he is the one that has to get the sages to help him, him being a sage is like Zelda being a boy.
That'd... be... weird...

Back on topic, no I don't think it's weird. One, Link wouldn't have been able to ride off at the end of the story to go find Navi. Two, then later in the series Link would need to help out another Link and actually TALK. It wouldn't work. That's pretty much it, because I think point 2 proved my point.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
Link was destined to be the Hero.

And, in the aftermath, he deserves to be free and should be given a chance to live a normal life (if that's possible, which, in MM's case, it's not).

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
Like it's been said, it seems the religious realm of Hyrule relies heavily on destiny. Certain individuals were destined to be sages, part of the Royal Family, and (in Link's case), were destined to be heroes. Not to say free will does not exist in Hyrule; Gannondorf, though he was destined to be the only Gerudo King born in his 100 year time, he chose his evil ways, etc.

And that, my friends, is Matt Walker looking far into a made-up religion in a video game. Go me. xD

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Yeah since Link is the hero he isn't a sage. He was destined to be the Hero and then return to a normal life (which he highly deserves but doesn't get.)

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
Link shouldn't be a sage 1.because if he was it would be hard for him to fight Ganondof and seal him away at the same time and 2.Because HE IS THE HERO OF THE GAME DUH.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
Like it's been said, it seems the religious realm of Hyrule relies heavily on destiny. Certain individuals were destined to be sages, part of the Royal Family, and (in Link's case), were destined to be heroes. Not to say free will does not exist in Hyrule; Gannondorf, though he was destined to be the only Gerudo King born in his 100 year time, he chose his evil ways, etc.

And that, my friends, is Matt Walker looking far into a made-up religion in a video game. Go me. xD

XD It's really interesting, actually ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom