• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Divine Beasts's computer terminals............

How advanced are these computers for the divine beasts compared to our best super computers out in the real world? (I don't mean home computers either). Also would the Divine Beasts suffer the Y2K bug when the numbers of their machines go to 00 and refuse to turn on? Hell would the Shiekah Slate have issues?

And there seems to be a new 'bug'. The 2038 bug. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBhAknp84Cs
The 2038 Problem, Is It a 2nd Y2K???

Last edited:
I'm serious about the Y2K bug problem. Would the Divine Beast suffer this issue at all since they are all computer powered to a degree? As magificent as they are they are still machines and uses some kind of a computer system.

That's because we spent a lot of time in the 90s upgrading them so they wouldn't do that. Pharmacies were Dad worked at were among the first to get their computers Y2K ready as early as 1993 many were aware of the pending issue and working to get it fixed about the time that John Trito guy actually said he 'whistle blowed' in exchange for that weird IBM machine that performed an exact function average techies would not be aware of. Weird how these things work huh? :suspicious:

Most Voes And Vai didn't pay a lick of attention till the late 90s as most didn't even have a computer to worry about and didn't realize how many things were interconnected like that.

The Divine Beast terminals most likely have NOT been 'upgraded' and all computers even if powered by magic (as you want to shout me down so much about) have a core clock :time: which makes the Divine Beast keep time and speed so when the clock goes from 99 to 00 is when the 'fun' will begin!!!! :eek:

The Divine Beasts will see the year 1999 as 99. Monster Maze discusses how the Shiekah computers work something about coming from Hyrule Castle's basement. He had a name for that place.:suspicious:

Link time travels and becomes the John Titor of Zelda, and Calamity Ganon is the Y2K bug manifest.

Boom.
I actually wouldn't mind it if BOTW 2 did that and brought back the Ocarina of Time upgraded with Shiekah technology. Perhaps throw in an easter egg where each time you travel to a certain era you randomly see a cutscene of Chrono and 2 other random party members traveling to their destinations also which you briefly see each other before parting ways. However Link would need to find some kind of ancient device to bring back with him like John Tritor's IBM 5000.

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
That's because we spent a lot of time in the 90s upgrading them so they wouldn't do that. Pharmacies were Dad worked at were among the first to get their computers Y2K ready as early as 1993 many were aware of the pending issue and working to get it fixed about the time that John Trito guy actually said he 'whistle blowed' in exchange for that weird IBM machine that performed an exact function average techies would not be aware of. Weird how these things work huh? :suspicious:

Most Voes And Vai didn't pay a lick of attention till the late 90s as most didn't even have a computer to worry about and didn't realize how many things were interconnected like that.

The Divine Beast terminals most likely have NOT been 'upgraded' and all computers even if powered by magic (as you want to shout me down so much about) have a core clock :time: which makes the Divine Beast keep time and speed so when the clock goes from 99 to 00 is when the 'fun' will begin!!!! :eek:

The Divine Beasts will see the year 1999 as 99. Monster Maze discusses how the Shiekah computers work something about coming from Hyrule Castle's basement. He had a name for that place.:suspicious:
1621041181691.png

Divine Beasts, if acting like real computers, would potentially suffer from a Y2K bug. For example, I headcannon the inventory being in the Sheikah Slate and the carrying capacity of items may be related to the Y2K bug, and the Sheikah Slate not knowing what to do with those numbers. However, the Divine Beasts are much bigger and more intricate than your typical supercomputer and thus are probably programmed with many more digits to ensure the longevity of the technology.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I dont think the shiekah tech would be affected by this bug cuz they dont seem to use numbers in tje tech seems to be alotta pics...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom