• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Divine Beasts S.O.S

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
So apparently someone's noticed that the Divine Beasts are sending out an S.O.S - the universal distress signal - at the beginning of the first phase of each musical theme for the divine beasts.

Divine Beasts are sending SOS signals in Breath of the Wild
SOS distress signal hidden in music for Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s Divine Beasts
Has anyone noticed that all the Divine Beasts play morse code saying S.O.S. when you first enter them?

This is old news but it's the first I'm hearing it and I don't remember it being reported here on ZD before.

I heard about this a while ago too, it is a nice touch but it is a shame that the game itself really doesnt sell the sadness of the loss of the Champions because the way the story is told and presented is so borked.

Something like an S.O.S call from the beasts should add to the heartache even if you hear the news after playing the game but it doesn't, because the game didnt do the themes it was going for justice.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I heard about this a while ago too, it is a nice touch but it is a shame that the game itself really doesnt sell the sadness of the loss of the Champions because the way the story is told and presented is so borked.

Something like an S.O.S call from the beasts should add to the heartache even if you hear thr news after playing the game but it doesn't, because the game didnt do the themes it was going for justice.

There are few things more haunting than an SOS automatically looping long after.

I heard about this the other day too, but I was too lazy to actually listen for it after hearing about it. Apparently there are some theories of how soon in the song's progression that it occurs being when the respective champion died in their Divine Beast, although that in the literal sense doesn't make much sense since the champions wouldn't be progressing through the beast in the identical manner that Link did. Either way, it was said to be noteworthy that Vah Medoh's "SOS signal" was abrupt, suggested Revali had to swallow his pride to even "cry for help"/realize he wasn't gonna win.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I don't hear it myself, but to make sure it's not the little back and forth sound at about 20 or 21 seconds in is it? Cause that just sounds like the background music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom