• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Divergent RP (SU)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
+
JMJ​

Hiho! So, I've recently watched the movie Divergent (I know, I need to read the books! X3), and I thought an RP based off of it (loosely) would be kind of neat. However, instead of involving the other factions, because the movie is focused on the Dauntless faction and only those who have read the series would know much about the other factions, this will only be a Dauntless Faction RP. That does not exclude the rest of the world from the game, but the game will be focused in Dauntless and your characters will have to be Dauntless. Not bad since Dauntless are cool anyway. ;) So, this RP would be the same world as Divergent, but not the same story line, so like a parallel universe. If you don't know what Divergent is, here is an explanation from our good friend, Wikipedia:

"In a post-apocalyptic Chicago, survivors were divided into five factions based on their dispositions: Abnegation, for the selfless; Amity, for the peaceful; Candor, for the honest; Dauntless, for the brave; and Erudite, for the intellectual. Each year, all sixteen-year-olds must take an aptitude test that describes the one faction for which they are best suited. [My own addition: sometimes a person will get a multi-faction result called 'Divergent' whch society frowns upon] After receiving the results, they can decide whether to remain with their family's faction or transfer to a new faction. Those who do not complete initiation into their new faction become 'Factionless', and are forced to live in poverty on the streets of the city."

So, the goal of the RP: to play as normal, and some things are going to happen (obviously to make this interesting) which I will not spoil. =) If your interested, sign up using the format below, and soon (hopefully) we shall start.

Name:
Age(must be 16 or older if family faction is not Dauntless):
Personality:
Family Faction Before Dauntless:
Test Results:
Other:

(If I missed anything I'm sorry X3).

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I hope this goes well. =)

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
ER MAH GHERD

Name: Alwin Nutt
General Appearance: Bright red hair and deep blue eyes. He's chiseled, and likes to keep it that way. He's very angular and keeps his hair hanging down, to about neck length.
Personality: Coming from Erudite, he's always looking for an angle. How can this help him? Is there a better way to do this? He's very aware of his surroundings, and likes to use the terrain to his advantage. At the same time, he's a thrill seeker and a little fiery, hence why he chose dauntless. He hoped to find more people like him here, but ended up not connecting with anyone over initiation, due to him being a very competitive person. He was the top transfer in his class, and second among all initiates.
Family Faction: Erudite
Test Results: Dauntless
Other: Just completed initiation. Became a trainer for fighting.

Last edited:

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
The only beef I have with this is that everyone who is familiar with Divergent will choose Dauntless. I mean, I was going to pick it myself. All the action happens in Dauntless, and I feel like you yourself, Rainy, probably would have been Dauntless, controlling things in there. The movie doesn't give you an idea of the other factions. So that's my issue with this.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
That is very true. And it would be kinda tough to do an RP with multiple factions in it because they don't interact a lot. Maybe we should just do a Dauntless RP?

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Alwin's character stole ideas for my two best characters.

If this is gonna end up a Dauntless RP, I have someone I can use. If not, i have some Amitys. Or a Factionless, maybe.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
If I gave some deep descriptions of the other factions would that work? Because I think it would be interesting to have people from various factions. But if you guys think that's a bad idea still, then it's probably best to go with what the people would rather play. X3

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Lack of info isn't the problem. As DL said, anyone who knows the series will know a lot about the factions, and will most likely choose Dauntless because it's the most interesting, especially for RP.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I say a dauntless RP would be the best. It'd make it easy, without having characters scattered all over the place.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Don't mean to double post here...

Here are my characters, the theme has been changed to a Dauntless RP, although I left the title as Divergent anyway.

Name: Kyla Dhult
General Appearance: waist length, blond hair with brown streaks kept in two french braids, freckles about her face. Her eyes shift from silver to blue. She wears a colorful, dominantly yellow blouse with a brown skirt, raggy boots, and she wears a small key on a chain around her neck. She has an average body build but she isn't strong, and she's about five-three.
Personality: A bit timid and unsure that she actually wants to be in Dauntless. She has spirit and wants adventure, but is not very daring still. She has a hard time with the violence and the harshness of the faction.
Family Faction Before Dauntless: Amity
Test Results: Abnegation
Other: When her eyes are silver she is scared, when they are blue she is calm. When she's in a happy mood she likes to play games.

Name: Sky
General Appearance: Blond hair dyed jet black, kept in a single braid, wears all black; jeans, sneakers, leather jacket and blank t-shirt. Her eyes are red-brown, she has a strong body build, but not like muscular, she's about five-nine.
Personality: She's tough on the outside, and she doesn't really socialize with anyone.
Family Faction Before Dauntless: Erudite
Test Results: Dauntless
Other: Others view her as having many years of experience in Dauntless, more like sixteen years or so rather than just the six. She is a leader and is in charge of goings on outside of and on the city walls.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Dangit, I'm not sure if my Dauntless character would be ripping one of your characters off now...

You know what? ***** it.

Name: Fang
General Appearance: Tall and athletic, tanned skin, hair long and dyed blue, kept in a braid down her back. Eyes are blue as well, and her teeth are kinda busted up with her canines kinda filed to look like fangs. Wears shorts and tank tops, good black Dauntless colors, with sturdy combat boots and fingerless gloves.
Personality: Outgoing and confident, pretty friendly for a Dauntless but still with the quick temper they're known for. Is honestly kind of a dork half the time, but a cool dork. The kind of dork that would break your neck for calling out her friends.
Family Faction Before Dauntless: Dauntless
Test Results: Candor
Other: She chose to stay in Dauntless instead of go to Candor because she frankly always knew she'd been honest. It had never stopped her from being a great Dauntless before. Going to Candor meant giving up the free-livin', crap-beatin' life she loved, so ***** that! She'd much rather be an honest Dauntless than a fearless Candor.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Name: Arianna Storme
General Appearance: She has dirty blonde hair, almost always in a ponytail, and sky blue eyes, cold and hard. She has tan skin and a nose that looks like it's been broken before. She'so about 5' 10 and she is a mean, lean, fighting machine, with several scars on her arms and legs and one on her cheek.
Personality: Ari doesn't take anyone's ****. She does what she wants, when she wants it, unless it's while dealing with the military. She is very stoic as well, and will not talk unless on official business or if spoken to. She is very intelligent as well, and if something doesn't sit right with her, she will investigate it when completely alone, since that is an Erudite trait. She is very cautious
Family Faction Before Dauntless: Erudite
Test Results: Dauntless and Erudite (if that's k)
Other: She is the trainer of the transfers for their initiation and involved in organizing test for new members.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom