• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Disturbing Pokemon Descriptions

So I brought this up in the Most Unattractive Pokemon thread, but some of the Pokemon (actually, surprisingly a lot of them) have extremely disturbing or alarming descriptions when you read Pokedex entries or stuff covered in other media.

Yamask is the most extreme example, and if you want to know why, read its Pokedex descriptions:

Pokedex: Yamask said:
White: Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.
Black: These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.

...Yeah. So we're all going to turn into Yamask eventually. Some sooner than others if his evolution Cofa grigus is any indication:

Pokedex: Cofa grigus said:
Black: It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.

There's lots of other creepy ones that I've found too. My favorite is Cacturne, because they're described as being nocturnal carnivores that stay completely still during the day but pursue human prey during the night until they tire, attacking them in packs. There's a couple others too:

Pokedex: Dusclops said:
Diamond & Pearl: Its body is hollow. It is said that those who look into its body are sucked into the void.
Platinum: It seeks drifting will-o'-the-wisps and sucks them into its empty body. What happens inside is a mystery.
HeartGold & SoulSilver: Anyone who dares peer into its body to see its spectral ball of fire will have their spirit stolen away.

Pokedex: Froslass said:
Diamond & Pearl: It freezes foes with an icy breath nearly -60 degrees F. What seems to be its body is actually hollow.
Platinum: It freezes prey by blowing its -58 degree F breath. It is said to then secretly display its prey.
HeartGold & SoulSilver: Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass.

Shiftry and Hypno also have some disturbing aspects if you want to look them up.

So as you can see, Pokemon's kinda got a lot of nightmare fuel here. o_0

Have you noticed any of these and do you know of any others? What do you think about these getting through into an E-rated game? :xd:

Link8150

The 8150th Link
Hypno's description from Fire Red is especially creepy after you listen to this. (WARNING: You may find this very disturbing)

[video=youtube;FT_ZpHgiIKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT_ZpHgiIKo[/video]

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I think someone mentioned this in the other thread, but Shedinjas description from pokémon ruby is very unsettling for me.

"SHEDINJA's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this POKéMON will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back."

Interesting thread, Axle. I have a few of my own to add.

I found this one to be slightly perverted especially in the last sentence.

Pokedex: Stunfisk said:
Black: Its skin is very hard, so it is unhurt even if stepped on by sumo wrestlers. It smiles when transmitting electricity.

Great. It's hard to walk around without being zapped by some flat creeper.

Pokedex:Swoobat said:
White:Anyone who comes into contact with the ultrasonic waves emitted by a courting male experiences a positive mood shift.

Make love with them Pokemon. <3

Pokedex: Chandelure said:
Black: It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes in a hypnotic trance.
White: Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.

There goes your peaceful notion of the afterlife if you even in it...

And arguably the most disturbing of them all...

Pokedex: Garbodor said:
Black: It clenches opponents with its left arm and finishes them off with foul smelling poision gas belched from its mouth.
white: They absorb garbage and make it part of their bodies. They shoot a poisonous liquid from their right-hand fingertips.

Great. so they not only rudely burp but pee at you from their fingertips.

I think someone mentioned this in the other thread, but Shedinjas description from pokémon ruby is very unsettling for me.

"SHEDINJA's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this POKéMON will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back."

IIIIIIIIIIII MENTIONED IT IN THE UNNATRACTIVE FORUM THREAD

I think Darumaka's Entry in White is quite...weird.

Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm.

:hmm: If that is not disturbing I don't know what is.

Fig

The Altruist
There'ssome that really creeps me out.
Pokemon game: Pokemon White
Pokemon: Frillish
Pokedex entry: They paralyze prey with poison, then drag then down to tyeir lairs, five miles below the surface.

Pokemon game: Pokemon White
Pokemon: Jellicent
Pokedex entry: They propel themselves by expelling absorbed seawater from their bodies. Their favorite food is life energy.

Drifloon Pokedex Entries

Diamond: A Pokémon formed by the spirits of people and Pokémon. It loves damp, humid seasons.

HeartGold/SoulSilver: It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing.

Gengar Pokedex Entry

Silver: To steal the life of its target, it slips into the prey's shadow and silently waits for an opportunity.

Hypno Pokedex Entry

Gold: When it is very hungry, it puts humans it meets to sleep, then it feasts on their dreams.

Misdreavus Pokedex Entries

Silver: It loves to bite and yank people's hair from behind without warning, just to see their shocked reactions.

Ruby & Sapphire: Misdreavus frightens people with a creepy, sobbing cry. The Pokémon apparently uses its red spheres to absorb the fearful feelings of foes and turn them into nutrition.

Munna Pokedex Entry

Silver: It eats the dreams of people and Pokémon. When it eats a pleasant dream, it expels pink-colored mist.

Chandelure was already mentioned, but here are the other two-

Lampent-
This ominous Pokémon is feared. Through cities it wanders, searching for the spirits of the fallen. It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body.

Litwick-
Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns. While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom