• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Disturbed

T

TwilightLink

0000263583_350.jpg

Disturbed is a hard rock band from Chicago, Illinois, formed in 1996 when musicians Dan Donegan, Steve "Fuzz" Kmak, and Mike Wengren hired singer David Draiman. Since the band's formation, they have sold over 10 million albums worldwide, released three consecutive number-one albums[1], and have been nominated for a Grammy Award, making them one of the most successful metal bands in the recent years.[2] Only six other rock bands have released three number-one albums in a row: Van Halen, Pearl Jam, U2, Dave Matthews Band, Staind, and Metallica.

Thank you wikipedia ;P That's all 4 now, you can go. :dry:

So anyway, that's a little bg info 'bout my favo band. Here are some links 2 ma favo songs.

Land of Confusion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ-zWc1sS3M

Overburdened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DIIXBYGLkw

Indestrictible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A3c2RKTJ4I

Any Disturbed fans ^^ ?

Amelie

Air Dancer
They are not bad ^^ I kind of find most of there songs to sound the same though. Indestructible was kind of a boring album for me. But thats my opinion. Believe was nice.. but it dragged on way to long and 10,000 fists even had to many tracks for me.

But they are a decent metal or hard rock band... which is saying lots seeing how bad musik has gotten compared to old stuff.

F

FalseDestiny

I really like Disturbed and I find Godsmack's music the same sounding rather than Disturbed's. And I really like that they went to their old style once again.

Shnappy

derp
I'm a fan of Disturbed and I would have to say I am quite impressed with their new album. It's their best one yet, I love Inside the Fire, Indestructible, and Perfect Insanity.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Disturbed might be better then Godsmack. I find Godsmack to be... just a wanna be of Alice in Chains. The vocals sound similar and the Godsmack singer sings about the same things over and over. Alice in Chains and Disturbed are better bands then Godsmack in my opinion.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I udes to really love them. They used to be one of my favourite bands, but recently I have come to dislike them for one simple fact. The vocalist, why does he have to ruin every song by making his weird little noises which just spoil the mood and frankly everything. Another thing that irritates me, is why, wouls anyone, ever, have that chin piercing? It just looks like a very very gay beard. However, I do sometimes feel up for a bit of disturbed, and down with the sickness is still a very good song.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I urge anyone who likes "Down with the Sickness" or songs like "Liberate" to look up the lyrics. Lyrics aren't everything, but I do think in this case they're indicative of the amount of effort Disturbed puts into their songs--meaning they've settled on a simplistic style, they've made it sound as "hardcore" as possible, and they've exploited it for all it's worth.

Mind you, some people might make the same criticism of one of my favorite bands, AC/DC...and to an extent, they might be right about the repetitive style. But AC/DC still showed a level of creativity and originality that I haven't seen from Disturbed; and if their lyrics weren't always intelligent, they were still often enough witty.

I'd describe Disturbed's music as...catchy. I owned the album "Believe," and I regularly listened to it for several months. But I realized quickly that the songs all sounded the same, and they weren't really saying anything. This wouldn't have been so bad if the style didn't wear thin so quickly. Having listened to more recent entries, I hardly feel like they've improved or evolved; Disturbed is Disturbed, and to me that means a sort of adolescent angst you don't hear so much in emo bands, but is prevalent nonetheless. Not to bash Disturbed fans--I was one myself three years ago, and I can still listen to their music and have a good time. I will admit that the album "Believe" showed occasional nuance (the title track specifically), but again, only the sufficient amount.

But there's almost nothing technically marvelous, lyrically intelligent, or musically harmonious about them. They exist. They write catchy tunes. That's about it.

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
My God...finally! Some recognition to one of the best bands ever.

Hanyou, it is a shame that you listened to Believe. That is their worst out of all of their albums (4, I know, and it is still pretty good!). Indestructible and Ten Thousand Fists send messages that are clear (to me) and actually apply to my life! The Sickness is a bit too mindlessly hateful for my taste, but it is what got them started.

But lets see...Darkness, from Believe, is their slowest song. It is what I felt exactly after some rough waters with someone special, and I wanted to sing it to her. The Night, from Indestructible, is also how I feel when I am pissed. The song has heavy vibes of conflict within the pawn of THE NIGHT. I feel conflicted, too; I want soooo badly to hurt the ones I love and grind them to dust. Then there is the "no....I can't do this...." feeling inside, just like the song. To continue, Stricken, from Ten Thousand Fists, is the emo break up song. It has the anger towards the beloved but the grief of not being able to get over one's love for her. I'm Alive, also form Ten Thousand Fists, says to me that I will never be broken no matter what my enemies do and that I will NEVER give in to their will. And finally, Haunted, from Indestructible, is how I feel when depressed.

All of their songs are good, and some are great. Few are truly spectatular, but until Hollywood Undead releases a second album, I'll have Disturbed blaring through my headphones.

Q

quillmert

I like them a lot, but the style definitely wears on you if you listen to them too often. I loved their first album, as well as Indestructible, but Believe and Ten Thousand Fists did'nt really appeal to me for some reason. I feel that disturbed is hit or miss, they write great music or they miss the mark and don't sound good at all. They have excellent songs, and horrible songs. That being said, I enjoy listening to them, just not all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom