• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dissapointed with the Amount of Room to Explore?

Groose

Groosenator
Yea I was pretty disapointed with that. I like large worlds to explore rather than given small regions

I was really disappointed in most aspects of SS but the roaming was the worst. I hate that the provinces weren't linked, i hated the sky, it was tiny and so uninteresting. WW's ocean had it all and TP's Hyrule Field was impressive, knowing SS came after both of those i really want to know what went wrong and why it took so long to make given the amount of content that game had in it. People hide behind the story excuse for the reason behind why the sky is so empty and the provinces are unconnected but Nintendo can't stress enough that they think about gameplay first, and the Zelda series is so much like liquid an easily moulded anyway that there is no way Nintendo would have wrote themselves into a corner, there simply could have been so much more. Hylia could have easily have lifted a Province into the air instead of just a small island, she could have also raised some more interesting mini islands too. Very very disappointed with SS, for me it really is there worst 3d/home console Zelda and i dont even have to mention the controls (which i didnt mind).

I was a little bit disappointed, actually. Normally I really love the exploration aspects of the games, but this one, while having fairly large provinces (although Eldin was a little smaller than the others, I thought), just didn't have those little nooks and crannies to explore. I kept on thinking that as the game progressed and new areas unfolded that there would maybe be more hidden things to find, and such, but there never really were (at least, not in the sense like the other games had). The sky, too, didn't have a lot of places to explore. So, yes, it definitely was a bit disappointing, although I still love the game.

A

alexa

I would have liked to see more sidequests that were in the regions instead of the sky

Not really, there was tons of exploration to me. Finding bugs, goddess cubes, gossip stones, Treasure, etc... That being said as far as the sky goes. While it's barren it has a lively feeling to it. I loved how colorful it was and seeing some of the knights and loftwings gave me more of a sense of liveliness. Though I wish there were some more islands especially for some sidequests but Some of the Islands had me explore a bit to find the chests. The Great Sea was better though but was too tedious to cross. Hyrule field for the most part was pretty bland especially in Ocarina of time where you basically had to walk from place to place. I think one thing that the problem with most Zelda games is that the mode of transportation is usually either somewhat limited (SS) or expansive but extremely boring (WW). Hopefully this Wii U zelda will nail it, that expansiveness of the ocean with the lively less tedious sense of travel.

absolutely. i didn't want to explore anywhere in the islands in the sky because those islands are boring and without life. not much of an adventure for me. post-game activities weren't as fun, and the sidequests all revolved around the gratitude crystals. i felt more exploration in twilight princess. i guess i can give props to nintendo since it's hard to explore the sky.

I was satisfied enought with the amount of exploring you could do. This is just another one of those things that can't satisfy everyone. Besides, I'd rather have a small area with a lot of details like in MM, than a big, flat, empty plain like in OoT or TP.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Wow there are a lot of Threads like this. Well I'll say what I said for all people that Skyward Sword is in no means a bad Zelda Game. It's actully an amazing game. However most of the Overworld was like a huge Dungeon. If you love dungeons then there is a good chance you will like this. Now I Will admit it had a lot of flaws. Mostly on the Sky but it still was a great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom