• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dissapointed with the Amount of Room to Explore?

Patch

Party Pooper
Alright so am I the only one who feels that I wish there would have been more sidequests? And on top of that, more room to explore, maybe paths connecting the three regions much like TP. I mean I thought that was definitely lacking...

I do agree with you. However, I did like the quicker travel time SS held. However I did miss the hidden secrets like the hidden caves in TP.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that it was pretty good, but it could have been better. I found that there were quite a few sidequests that were easily accessible. I think that may have been to try and draw newer fans in to the sidequests part. This is why nintendo should offer DLC or expansion discs for the games.

Skunk

Floof
Not to steal from the article on the home page, but Skyward Sword is more story driven. I don't want to go to far into it, but I do recommend you check out the article. In my opinion, I would like a little more exploration, but not so much that it's overkill. Don't forget that Skyward Sword took on the Giant-Final-Boss-Award-Winner-that I don't like-Skyrim...

Rachel

be vigitant
I do think more exploration would not have hurt the terrain. To me, Skyward Sword seemed very linear. Most of the sidequests were boring and straightforward, in my opinion. I don't mean I'd like a Twilight Princess-esque Hyrule Field, which did have caves and sidequests here and there but was a bit too large for my tastes. However, I'd like maybe a more condensed version.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i missed the hidden caves and stuff. there were a few hidden bits but they weren't anywhere near as intriguing or fun as the ones from TP.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The space was limited, but packed with content. I can't say I was disappointed with it. It could have been better, but I honestly didn't mind it at all.

there were not many secrets

I'm guessing you didn't legitimately try to find anything. There are plenty of secrets in Skyward Sword.

and come on nintendo NO MANY DUNGEONS

The number of dungeons don't make a Zelda game. Just look at Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I too completely agree. This is one of the few problems i had with the game. I think they should've knocked off the whole "dungeon-like" overworld concept. For me it sort of discouraged me and made it feel like a huge effort to continue on after completing a dungeon. I don't think I ever went directly from completing a dungeon to the next area without goofing off in skyloft or flying around for awhile

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well I would have liked an overworld to explore which connected each area.The SS overworld (the sky)was probably my least favourite out of all the 3d titles just because there was so little to explore there. As for the sidequests, I would not want more of the same fetch quests, perhaps something a bit different to that, like slaying hoards of beasts.

V

Valoo

I was wicked dissapointed with the lack of island adventures. The islands in the sky i mean, windwaker had a side quest and/or mini dongeon to explore

I can't help but agree with monkeyfightsquad about the ice dungeon. So few Zelda games even have ice dungeons, let alone icy areas. As a matter of fact, IIRC, the only games that had a snow/ice themed dungeon were ST, MM, and TP.(I'm not counting the tiny ice tunnel in OoT and correct me if there are other ones) Speaking of which, I loved TP hyrule, but I would just have changed one thing. There wasn't much to actually DO. It had a wide diversity of landscapes, races, and, of course, a HUGE overworld. It was just too... lacking in things to do.

As for SS, I think that the overworld was pretty interesting, between the quirky races and the fact that throughout the game you were discovering more and more areas. I also thought the fact that the Skyloftians had no idea what was underneath the clouds, and the Kikwi, Mogmas, etc. had no idea what was above the clouds, and people like Link, Groose, and Zelda were the only ones who knew both worlds. The only actual problem I have is that I am always wondering what lies BETWEEN the three regions, could it be the past Hyrule field?

I'm just grateful that Nintendo didn't pull off something like ST where you had to use a train to get around...

Over9000Gingers

I want fries.
I think there should have been an Ice realm.Just think about it.Link in an ice dungeon.That would have been great

Ice levels are so annoying.

They add difficulty and frustration.
-------------------------------------
In SS, I felt that although the regions were big, but also compact. They were dungeon-like so there wasn't much to explore, but for the next game, if they connected all of that together and increased the size and added caves and mini-dungeons.... SWEET JESUS. The next console will have the power... :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom