• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Discussion #022: Shop Owners, IN DISGUISE?

(Sorry that there was no article yesterday! There will be some days that I'll miss!)

Be advised that the following article contains unconfirmed, fan-made theories or speculation. When I say shop owners, I mean two specific shop owners in Majora's Mask. The owner of the curiosity shop and the owner of the trading post could be the same person. Let's look why...

The curiosity shop in Clock Town works as a pawn shop, buying stolen goods from an unlicensed shop. The trading post is very similar and sells different things to aid Link on his quest. Now to the owners, the curiosity shop owner is the Termian counterpart of the itchy fisherman from Ocarina of Time. That's basically all we know for fact. But now to the theory...

Both of the shop owners have EXACTLY the same character model, and the hair/facial hair has been moved and changed between each man. Just from that, they must definitively be related, perhaps twins. Their personality's are similar too, except the trading post owner seems more polite with customers. They both use the same catchphrases like "I kid you not", which adds on to that even more.

I have even more evidence, in the Bombers Notebook they count as the same person, which makes it quite obvious that they're the same. But then, I have some information that throws all this theory down the drain. On the night of the second day, before 6PM whilst following the Kafei and Anju sidequest you can see both shop owners at the same time. This may be an error though.

What do you think? Reply below and see you in the next article! Bye!

- GreenGyser :chu:

Last edited:

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I belive that the curiosity shop owner from Majoras Mask is the Termanian counterpart to the happy mask salesman. The happy mask salesman can "travel through dimensions" according to many people. So he could have traveled to Termina...

I was actually going to post a write-up about this a couple of weeks ago but then forgot about it.

Ah well.

To put the short and sweet version, I think they were clearly meant to be the same guy. I think them both being visible on the 2nd day was just an oversight by Nintendo. Though I guess they could be brothers...but like you said everything else makes the intention quite obvious. This guy was always one of my favorite MM characters, I thought the double life was interesting and fascinating and just added to an already diverse array of characters.

I swear you could write a book on the millions of MM characters. That game hit the nail on the head with character development.

I belive that the curiosity shop owner from Majoras Mask is the Termanian counterpart to the happy mask salesman. The happy mask salesman can "travel through dimensions" according to many people. So he could have traveled to Termina...

But he is the counterpart to the fishing pond guy in OoT...They are the same model.

I'm also siding with Seth - I just figured the Trading Post salesman and the Curiosity Shop salesman were the same guy. He gets his main paycheck from the Trading Post and then moonlights at the Curiosity Shop for thrills. It is odd that they can be seen a the same time, but I honestly think this is just a mistake on Nintendo's part.

Also:

The Happy Mask Salesman has his own counterpart - the Happy Mask Salesman in Hyrule Castle Town. He gives Link masks to sell in exchange for a cut of the profit.

You know... the more I think about it, the more I've come to realize that the Happy Mask Salesman is like the Avon Lady of Hyrule.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
The Happy Mask Salesman has his own counterpart - the Happy Mask Salesman in Hyrule Castle Town. He gives Link masks to sell in exchange for a cut of the profit.

You know... the more I think about it, the more I've come to realize that the Happy Mask Salesman is like the Avon Lady of Hyrule.

I see it more like a child molester of Hyrule, just like Tingle!

I didn't really post to say anything productive, sorry about that

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
I really think they should've elaborated on the Shop Owners characters more. It's obvious they have a story. We see one of them in a tree at one point, and for some reason he is always scratching his back. What is their purpose? I think it's one of the things they didn't have time to completely finish, like the crying mask.

I really think they should've elaborated on the Shop Owners characters more. It's obvious they have a story. We see one of them in a tree at one point, and for some reason he is always scratching his back. What is their purpose? I think it's one of the things they didn't have time to completely finish, like the crying mask.

The part-time worker is out in the field during the day trying to get Rupees from the tree, you mean him?

As far as the back-scratching thing...Well that's because they reused the models and his model did that in OoT. In fact in OoT he even makes a comment about it if you keep talking to him.

they are the same character design and model tatle(however her name is spelt) looks like navi but their not the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom