• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Discussion #020: Is Don Gero a Goron?

Be advised that the following article contains unconfirmed, fan-made theories or speculation. This is a very peculiar theory, especially compared to my last article on the moon children. This is only going to be short, so let's look at why the Goron who gives you Don Gero's Mask could actually be Don Gero himself...

Don Gero is a frog, yes, a frog. He's the conductor of a choir of singing frogs on lily pads in a lake. None of the other frogs have seen the 'legendary' Don Gero is a long time, and it is thought that he died before the events of Majora's Mask. But then there's another theory, about the Goron who gives you the absolutely useless mask. Don Gero could be the Goron.

On the icy ledge in Snowhead, you meet a very strange Goron wearing a mask of a frog on his head. He gives you this mask, it's called the Don Gero's Mask. But yes, this doesn't mean that a Goron could possibly be a frog conductor. There's more evidence though, one of the frogs say that 'the young hero' had lost a little bit of weight. This indicates that Don Gero could possibly be that Goron, it's just a theory that I'm mentioning, it doesn't mean I believe it.

This is a very odd article, and not very important either. But whatever, post what you think below and have a nice day/evening!

- GreenGyser :chu:

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Actually, I always thought that Don Gero was that Goron on the legde, especially because of the weight comment. I guess I never read the whole thing when he gives you the mask.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Don Gero could have been that goron, or he could have been a giant frog that got killed by Majora's Mask. One thing that I would like to point out is that the word Gero looks a lot like Gerudo, Goron, or Garo. My conclusion is that we will never know. But for now, I am going to think that Don Gero is a giant frog.

maybe he was a close ally of the gorons and they gave him a goron name like in phantom hourglass where link is called Goro-Link

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I do not believe Don Gero was the goron. However, that does not mean that he couldn't have impersonated him just like Link did. The goron states "It was crafted so well that no one would think twice if you were to direct the frog choir." This sounds like he's speaking from experience. The frog saying that Don Gero-Link lost weight could also be a hint. However, there are not enough clues to conclude that the goron is the original Don Gero.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I've always thought that Don Gero was a frog. Considering that the mask is a frog, I assumed that Don Gero was a frog, that conducted frogs.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
What I think is that Don Gero died a long time ago and somebody made a mask out of respect for him. And the Goron that gives it to you simply because he liked Don Gero's music or frogs but he had to give you something in return for saving him. The "lost weight" thing has nothing to do with Don Gero. You say you talk a frog as a Goron(haven't gotten to far in the game) and he says the hero lost some weight. Maybe he says that because you're Darami which was a hero of the Gorons.

T

Tar Alacrin

I kinda liked random person's idea; like, having nobody know who the original was, and have it be kind of a 'Dread Pirate Roberts' situation. where the real don gero has been dead for decades, but the mask keeps being passed on, and with it, his legacy and name

*first ever post... wooo...

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wondered how the Goron got the mask. SO it would make sence for the Goron to be Don Gero. But I also find it weird for him to just be "chillin" with his own mask on. I don't know. I thought it would be wierd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom