• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Disappointed There Was No Water Region?

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
I actually really disliked the Lanayru Sand Sea; the whole area was bland, and felt like a space-waster. I guess the Ancient Cistern was enough to satiate my watery needs. I think the days of having Classical Elemental dungeons (a la OoT) are gone. SS's dungeons didn't have much in the way of theme consistency.

I wasn't too disappointed because water levels can be very annoying at times. Also, SS didn't give you a way to breath underwater (not counting the air potion) infinitely. So it was kind of difficult to explore aquatic regions.

Definitely a place where SS didn't utilise its assets. The only potion I ever used was the health potion. Had there been a more swimming intensive area, that might have changed.

I actually really disliked the Lanayru Sand Sea; the whole area was bland, and felt like a space-waster. I guess the Ancient Cistern was enough to satiate my watery needs. I think the days of having Classical Elemental dungeons (a la OoT) are gone. SS's dungeons didn't have much in the way of theme consistency.

Definitely a place where SS didn't utilise its assets. The only potion I ever used was the health potion. Had there been a more swimming intensive area, that might have changed.

You know what is funny, I never used any potion what so ever. I only bought the stamina potion for the heart piece

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
You know what is funny, I never used any potion what so ever. I only bought the stamina potion for the heart piece

Which basically makes the communal bazaar obsolete. I barely used the Gear Shop either. The only time I actually bought something from it was when I got a bomb bag (?), because that's how I originally thought you upgraded. Then I found one in a treasure chest :(

G

GoddessOfHylia

Lake Floria was the water region. I think they could have done more with it, but either way, it's there.

would have been great if the water dragon scale allowed link to do more things, like use other weapons underwater and some other underwater puzzles

Last edited:
I don't know, it kind of seems like the desert sometimes takes a backseat to other regions in previous games, so in this game they decided to make it's part a bit smaller. Although I was slightly dissapointed, I really liked the desert, and the exhange was worth it.

skyward sword had quite a few little water regions. and while they didn't actually have a dungeon that involved water, it was because they already dedicated lanayru region to being in a deserted future. all the water that was originally their dried up, which I thought was a better change from a water dungeon or something similar.

Lake Floria was enough water-region for me. I liked that place, even though it is a little sad you only have to visit it once (the way to Faron). But it was okay.

I think that the fact that there was no dedicated water wasn't so bad I just would have liked to see more time traveling because you only get to see spheres of the "past" in the sand sea I would have liked it to be more spread out and I would have loved to have more water based enemies and newer enemies in each dungeon. I would have liked to not be tested thrice in the flooded faron and then again for the song of the hero etc. it was lame how often should one have to prove themselves

Eh, the lack of a water region did not particularily bother me, but if it was there i wouldn't have been upset.
i considered the lanayru sand sea to be the water region, because it was.

Water dungeons are normally the hardest, or thats what i think and i loved them :D.
it disappointed my about not having one, but oh well, its Zelda, it has to be awesome and they have some reason for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom