• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Disappointed There Was No Water Region?

When you found that there was not a separate region dedicated to water, how did that make you feel? Did you like the fact Nintendo put. The water-esque area in Faron Woods and in the Sand Sea? I really didnt care that there was no water region, but I think it would have made sense if there was. If you look at the the Faron and Eldin regions they are green and red. They're the same color as the goddesses they were named after. So why doesn't the Lanayru region follow this pattern? If it did it would be blue like the goddess Nayru so Lanayru Desert would be like Lanayru ocean or something. What are your thoughts. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
I didn't like no water. Water was the most fun part of the other games- hidden objects and such. That's one thing I didn't particularly enjoy :-/

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I consider the ocean area to be a water zone, actually. It's both a time-travel and a water-themed area, both of which seem like puzzles appropriate to Nayru. I think the idea of an ocean having dried up over time, yet somehow interacting with it across time, is far more powerful than simply having the water there free and clear.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i was hoping the place you dive into would become more involved in things. Shame there wasn't some under water level of awesome there

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I think the water region was Lanayru Desert because it used to be ocean. So the water faded with time from bllue to yellow like sand. Didn't miss it honestly. Water temple always irritated me.

I wish they had done a bit more with lake floria, it was an amazing place but so little to do there.
True. :( And the Parella are so useless, they basically do nothing throughout the whole game, so boring! But yeah I agree, Lake Floria was gorgeous (the official artwork of the place looks amazing), but you swim through it like nothing and isn't really that memorable. :( Nothing like a Lake Hylia.

I wasn't too disappointed because water levels can be very annoying at times. Also, SS didn't give you a way to breath underwater (not counting the air potion) infinitely. So it was kind of difficult to explore aquatic regions.

I was disappointed, especially since we got the ability to swim for longer underwater. It would have been cool to have a water region :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom