• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Direct Sequels in Zelda

Z

ZeldaCrazed

So I think Zelda needs more direct sequel games to expand, but contain the timeline. For example Majora's Mask created a new world following Ocarina of Time, Phantom Hourglass expanded on the world of Wind Waker, Adventure of Link created a new way to play. Now what Nintendo needs is to make the next Zelda game to start in an uncommon time in the timeline to make a game and a sequel. It would be amazing to see a story with a limited resolution and a direct sequel soon after, and this does not have to be some huge limited ending. After all, Navi leaving in Ocarina created room for a direct sequel. What do you guys think? Does Zelda need more direct sequels?

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I think it would get ridicoulous. Mainly because, this isn't Kingdom Hearts, almost everything has been told, another game with a sequel might be pushing it a little, don't ya think?

Z

ZeldaCrazed

The reason I say this is because I would love to see a two-game story for the Wii U version. If they use the same art style and basic plot, kind off, it would be easier to make. I mean imagine two Zelda games in HD only released 1/1.5 years apart. A direct sequel to a new game would make it easier for Nintendo graphics wise.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I wouldn't be against more direct sequels but at the same time I don't think it's necessary. You're right though, a direct sequel would probably mean we got two games sooner together which would be nice.

Last edited:
It could go two ways, I like the idea of fleshing out the different Links more, and I definitely would not be opposed to it. It could go two ways though, something like Majora's Mask, or something like Phantom Hourglass. Don't get me wrong, I like Phantom Hourglass, but I wouldn't say it's quite as good as the other games.

I think it could work, but Nintendo would have to be really careful to avoid seeming too repetitive or anything.

I kinda want to see a TP sequel. It's my favorite design of Hyrule and I loved TP so much I kinda want to play it again with a new story of course.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I love direct sequels, but the one thing that has always bugged me is the fact that link does not have any of his items that he had in the last game! Does he just toss them into the trash as soon as he is done kicking some Ganon butt?

I am completely agreed with you! But it may be hard to make if they dont use the MM way. Link travel to a distant place. You know, it may be boring to get a direct ressurrection. Wellthey can make a new villain will take revenge of the villain Link kills in the prequel, but whatever. A Zelda game is good in general.

I'm not for any more sequels.
while majora's mask was amazing, phantom hourglass was not.
it would just get rather boring if there were lots of sequels.
each game is sort of made to tell a story, then have it be over.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
I'm fine with sequels as long as they tie into the first game, aren't bland and redundant, don't slaughter the characterization, and can stand on it's own two feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom