• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Direct Sequel of TP Next?

Would you like to see a sequel to twilight princess?

• Yes! Now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah but maybe later

• Don't want a TP sequel

• Total voters
I don't really think we need a Twilight Princess sequel at all. It resolved itself pretty well and besides that I really don't want to play another game that's at all similar to Twilight Princess. I'd rather see an entirely original game than a sequel of any kind.

I don't care how they do it. I just want a TP sequel... that takes place in hyrule, not termina or any other funky dimension. Also, I hope they:

1. Create a stronger relationship between Zelda and link. In TP it was pretty low key until the end.
2. Go more in depth about the twilight realm.
3. Possibly fabricate another entrance to the twilight realm
4. NO SPINNER. I think it's just silly.

Last edited:
I do believe that Photoshop is the reason for that. :lol:

If what you're implying is that Midna's half of the Fused Shadow helmet fits on Majora's Mask, well, yeah, it could fit on anything with a face. And if it doesn't, well, then you can always change its size and make it fit. XD

I'm talking about the eyes tho lol

Who Wants a TP Sequel?

Who wants a TP Sequel? I do! I think Nintendo left a lot of room to continue the story after TP, and also to give more substance to TP Zelda's character, and relationship with Link. I think there's a good chance that Nintendo will make a sequel, given how they ended TP with link riding out of Ordon.

So basically I'm asking if you want the next wii u Zelda game to be a TP sequel, if you want a sequel in the future, or if you don't think there should be one at all.

(ps: hope I put this in the right section. It's my first thread)

Last edited:
I've said this on just about every thread I've come across regarding direct sequels to other Zelda games, but I would much rather see Nintendo continue to make games that don't follow up on any previous story and are completely original. Even if I did want a direct sequel of any kind, Twilight Princess would be WAY the hell down the list of candidates.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I would very much be for a game after TP. like how PH followed up WW. TP left a good place to add on to in my opinion. Besides, I think that if there was a direct sequel to TP the art would look really good on Wii U in full HD.

I

Internetfan15

Sequel to TP is a good idea (like many others of course). However I would prefer SS style colourful graphics and not the drier TP graphics.

No, absolutely not. Twilight Princess fully tied up its own story and left little to no room for expansion. When you try to expand on a story that concludes itself, what you end up doing is damaging the integrity of the original story. The worst example of this is the Mega Man X series, which was intended to end with X5, and had it done so, it would have segued into the Mega Man Zero games perfectly and told an amazing story. Expanding onto X5 with three more games essentially broke the continuity and turned it into something far less interesting. Even if X6 had been the only sequel, it was pretty much the worst offender.

Bottom line is, trying to expand on something that doesn't need expansion is a mistake, especially for the sake of the original. Zelda's never been a series that prides itself on continuity in any serious way, so there's no reason for it to start.

I do! I think Nintendo left a lot of room to continue the story after TP, and also to give more substance to TP Zelda's character, and relationship with Link. I think there's a good chance that Nintendo will make a sequel, given how they ended TP with link riding out of Ordon.
Nearly every Zelda game has an ending that leaves an opening for a new adventure. It's a stereotypical way to end off any story, and you'll see it everywhere. It doesn't indicate that there's any serious room for expansion, nor that expansion could be in any way benevolent. As for Link and Zelda's relationship... you should know that Nintendo never seriously elaborates upon nor finalizes any serious relationship between Link and Zelda. Expecting them to do that in a sequel is hopeless.

So aside from that, how did Nintendo leave any room to continue the story? The stories of Midna, Zant, Ganon, King Bulblin, Ilia, the Ordon villagers, and yeah, even Link, have basically concluded. There aren't any themes in TP left to expand on.

Who says the story HAS TO be concluded? You can really expand on a story until almost all the main characters die (like the spiderman movies :P) as long as Nintendo does it delicately, I believe that they can make a sequel without damaging the integrity of the original story. Furthermore, a TP sequel would work absolutely perfect with the hd graphics of wii u. In my opinion, I really like games better that are more connected, as opposed to many games that seem to tell their own story while only hinting at the big picture, like most Zelda games are.

So basically, if Nintendo did try a sequel, and made it work, no, made it a major success, then that would be just fantastic. But, I get your reasoning, axl. It probably won't happen, but i certainly wouldnT rule it out.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yes, I think it would be a good idea. FSA Ganon is sealed in the four sword but the original Ganondorf could still be revived by Twinrova who are presumably still alive. I think that a sequel to TP would be a great Idea and would be best to utilise a graphical style similar to the E3 demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom