• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Digital Pets

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Do any of you guys remember when you were younger having a digital pet? You know those little things that you had to carry around and would beep when the pet got hungry, thirsty, or when you had to clean up it's mess?

I remember having some. Those things were fun to have, but I remember getting annoyed by having to constantly take care of the thing only to have it die a few days later. I remember them getting so popular when they came out that some schools, including mine, banned them.

Here are the ones I had:

Octopet

octofs.jpg

This was my first digital pet. I loved this thing. You could choose from eight different pets to take care of: frog, alien, cat, chicken, dinosaur, dog, panda, and penguin. I loved this thing so much that I wished that I still had it, but sadly I lost it years ago and never found it.

D3 Digivice

d3.jpg

This was a digital pet that was based off of the digivice and digimon of the second season of the anime, Digimon: Digital Monsters. You could choose from the main five digimon from that season and use them to walk around by a step counter that was in the device. You'd encounter enemy digimon and find digi-eggs (things that help your digimon get stronger). I still have this thing. I keep it for old time's sake.

Gigapet

gigapetscorpion.jpg

This was my last digital pet. Each had a different version where each pet you had was different. I got the pixie version. You basically took care of your pet and had to go on quests in order to unlock new areas of your pet's world. You could also connect this device to a controller that would plug into a tv and allow you to play it on the screen with a dog, panda, or monkey as your friend.

So, now that I'm done with that, did you guys ever have any digital pets? And if you did, which ones where they?

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Ah yes I remember having one, I could not keep it alive... :hmm: I liked the idea but got quite annoyed by how much it seemed rigged against me :cry:. I can't remember what I had... it was an ugly green case and maybe a puppy or a cat?

I got it from a friend who love them, he had more then three. After either the batteries failed or just broke I didn't bother getting a new one. I found out about them late in the fad and couldn't find them easily anymore but also I wasn't into the idea as much as others. I did try out the Neopet's thing after for a few years though.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
Heck, I remember when Tamagotchi came out. I had a pale green one, and when the first generation Digimon came out. I got in so much trouble at school lol.

digidem3.gif

TAMAGACHI!

Haha I was talking about these with somebody just not that long ago... I remember getting frustrated because it couldn't stay alive while I was at school, and our school's had banned them from being brought to class or being used at recess. (Talk about controlling).

Anyways I had one that was shaped like a yellow house. I'm not entirely sure what creature it was. But I do look for them at the store now and again to bring back some old memories.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I had a Tamagotchi once upon a time. My friend Shannon gave it to me as a birthday present. I wasnt too interested in them, and they seemed to be quite boring, but I used it anyway so as not to be disrespectful.

I actually found them sort of frustrating, mine kept dying when I was at school. By the time I got home and remembered to look at it, it had died and I had to start all over again. D:

My most recent digital pet experience was Nintendogs, which consumed alot of my time when I was trying to win all the contests and get those rare items. I havent played it in over 9 months. I wonder how my dogs are doing... :O

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
Ah! I remember those!

I bought an off-brand one once at my school book fair. It was cute and orange, and I didn't know what it was. (I bought it because I like orange.)
So I open it and pull the little paper tag out of the back and a small dinosaur thing popped up on the screen! It was cute, but it almost gave me a heart attack and a detention when it started beeping during class. It took me forever to get to the next stage of growing up, it never did die...until the batteries ran out. D:

And Nintendogs was my first DS game, I haven't played it since, oh, I don't know...A few years? :)

I played nonstop for a month when it first came out, and then I got tired of it. And I either lost it or sold it to GameStop, because I can't find it anywhere...

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I had a digital pet, and it was a horse. It came with a figurine. I still have it but ever since the ds I never played it.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I remember the good old Tamagotchi. It was so popular that my school banned them. I used to have a tamagotchi with dinosaurs, which was awesome because it transformed every two days. The only annoying thing is that I always installed the time wrong. Since I didn't know what AM and PM meant back then, I just randomly chose one of the two :P. Sadly my mom always forgot to feed my Tamagotchi when I was at school, so it often died and eventually the battery ran out.

Another Tamagotchi thing I had was a chicken, but it was annoying. Again the time was always messed up and a friend of mine had the same device and even after 20 days, it still didn't transform. I lost interest in the Tamagotchi and I never liked any other digital pet game ever since.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
DinoDude.jpg

See that brown little dino... thing? P: Yes, that was my viritual pet. It was around my birthday that they shot up in popularity and I hadn't shown any interest in getting myself one, but somehow my mom found this knock-off dinosaur one. I didn't care that it wasn't a giga pet or a Tamagotchi and in fact the very selling point for me was that it wasn't some obscure little creature, it was a dinosaur.

Since they were banned from my school (and the beep on it was LOUD) my mom ended up being the head caretaker. P: That thing died so easily, but once or twice we got him almost to adulthood. After that his battery died I think and that was the end of that.

PokemonPikachu.gif

And then... I got into Pokemon. : D and one of the first pieces of Pokemon merchandise I got besides my game and the cards was a Pokemon Pikachu. ; ~; I remember taking him to gym class so he could get some watts, he wasn't as sophisticated as my dinosaur but I think by that time they realized Parents would not put up with a high maintenance virtual pet.

Few years later I got Pokemon Pikachu GS. That thing was my alarm clock for years. >_>; I also abused him to get mystery gifts in Gold and Silver.

Pokewalker.png

And of course! B: My most recent virtual pet. Not so much lately, but when i first got it I was toting it around my college proudly.

I don't really count Nintendogs since my DS is most definally not small enough to carry around in my pocket. >: Plus I freaked out a bunch of People at Pizza hut when the DS first came out because I kept saying "marshmallow!" out loud over and over again. The fun in the fad for me was the portability.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I believe I had a Tamagotchi of some sort several years ago. I don't remember exactly what it looked like, although I think it was egg-shaped and had green, transparent plastic. I haven't been able to find one like that on Google, though.

Anyway, I'm quite certain I had a Pokemon Pikachu as seen in the other images here, although it eventually broke because I wore it all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom