• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Digital Foundry vs gameXplain - which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer and why?

This whole subject came to me when I read a comment on youtube.
The difference is knowledge. Digital Foundry know their stuff, GameXplain are just Nintendo fans with a capture card.
What the random person said, really had me thinking. I can really see the point there. Just explaining what you see in some footage, even spending hours to go through every frame of the footage is nice, very nice as it's stuff most people miss. However just pointing something out is totally different to actually understanding why something happens and being able to explain that why in a way everyone can understand. That's something Digital Foundry do really well.

If we just focus purely on the content of each channel , which do you prefer, Digital Foundry or gameXplain?

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Literally never heard of Digital Foundry. GameXplain is perfectly fine, though I don't really watch them either as they like to turn a 10 second clip into an hour long analysis.

I don't watch much of Digital Foundry because they go into the technical aspects far too deeply and I don't understand a lot of what they say.
I also have a high tolerance for framerate issues etc so a lot of their content just doesn't speak to me personally.

GameXplain appeal to me more because they are just Nintendo fans with a capture card, as most YouTubers I follow are, and I don't think that is really a bad thing.
I only like a couple of members on their team though so the content is limited to me based on who is presenting.

I don't think either channel is bad, they give different angles on a lot of the same content. Gamexplain is junk food, but DF is a three course meal I can barely afford.

Ninja

Well well well
I don't mind GameXplain. I really enjoy Easy Allies, only because of the old school narrator, their content is just a bonus!

Never really watched Digital Foundry. I feel like these days video game channels that have a broad scope of reviews across all platforms just seem all the same, noone really stands out, so I'll just watch whatever comes up in the search suggestions.

Quin

Disaster Master
I don't watch both much, But I did watch that one video from digital foundry you made a thread about. There was more research and logic and way less bias behind it than probably every gamexplain video I saw, but thats not hard. Gamexplain are the biggest Nintendo fanboy's I've ever seen, and even defend most of their terrible choices(and if they don't they backpaddle on it later). I like nintendo and all but its just unwatchable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom