• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Digging Minigame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkette

Heroine of Time
This is my first playthrough of a Link to the Past, and this is my favourite Zelda game so far. With dungeons I'm OK, I don't need help at all, but when it comes to sidequests, I'm hopeless. So I am using ZeldaDungeon's walthrough for the Overworld, and have been following it up to Chapter 14 where it tells me to go and play the digging minigame. I can't unfortunately play it because the person says that I should come back later. I have all the items, and completed the dungeons (4 crystals) that I should up to this point, according to this website's walkthrough. What should I do to be able to play the digging minigame and get on with the rest of the game?

Do you have the shovel? That is the only requirement for playing that mini-game that I can think of off the top of my head. Which version of the game are you playing?

I don't remember there being any specific requirement for starting the minigame. beasley might be right about possibly needing to have the shovel if you are playing the GBA version (you can't get the shovel permanently in the SNES version)

The only possible requirement I can think of that you might not have done yet is getting the flute and unlocking the bird.

Also, do you have enough rupees when talking to the lady to start the minigame?

Last edited:

Linkette

Heroine of Time
I don't think I have the shovel, but I'm playing the virtual console SNES version. Yes, I have the flute and I have 500+ rupees.

7hE4o76

surely this isn´t the answer; but maybe it´s because of your "bad luck" (this is just a thought)
go to the fairy fountain in the middle of lake hylia, toss in rupees until it says you have "good luck"

Linkette

Heroine of Time
surely this isn´t the answer; but maybe it´s because of your "bad luck" (this is just a thought)
go to the fairy fountain in the middle of lake hylia, toss in rupees until it says you have "good luck"

The good/bad luck is only for getting extra arrows and bombs. But I may try that.

Linkette

Heroine of Time
Thank you 7hE4o76! Having 'great luck' actually worked. I had no idea that the fairy fountain might have an effect on this. Got the heart piece on my second try, the last dig.

7hE4o76

good to hear that! :)
the whole luck thing is still a mystery on what it affects, but having good luck is always helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom