• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Difficulty Setting?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I would think something more like Second and Third quests would be better. Each with something new in it, and a bit more difficulty each time.

I do think Zelda games should have difficulty levels... at least now. If they did, they could easily appeal to newer, less experiences gamers, as well as the hardcore gamers.

Here's how I think it should be done... two difficulty levels open from the start. An easy one and a hard one, obviously.

In the hard mode, the flow of the game would be the same. You do the dungeons in the same order, you enter the dungeons the same way, the story is the same, items, bosses, etc.

But the enemies are stronger. All enemies have been made more challenging, especially bosses. But in addition, the dungeons all have remixed interiors, much like Master's Quest. All the dungeons are different, with harder puzzles, harder enemy groups, etc.

I would really enjoy this in a Zelda game, and I think this is something Nintendo should really do.

Although the idea of just having a harder Second Quest wouldn't be a bad idea either.

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
I'd like to see difficulty settings. They could put it as an option before you start the game.

There'd be easy for casual gamers and for those new to the series. It would just have weaker bosses and enemies and stuff.

Then there'd be Normal, which would be the true version with no added or taken away difficulty.

Then there'd be Hard for those who want a challenge.

And then finally after you beat the game on one of these settings, a Hero of Time mode could appear which would be a super hard version of the game.

True, all this would make the process and thus the wait longer, but I think everyone would enjoy it more if they could play at their level, then there could be no complaints about it being too easy or too hard. And I wouldn't mind the extra wait, because I'd know that when it does come out, it will be even better than before.

I believe there should be two things added: a difficulty option and a second quest. Most people who have posted have agreed on one or the other, but I am for both. I don't like the idea of having just an easy and hard, because that leaves out a normal game in the middle. What they should do is have the normal game, then a Hero Mode, where the enemies can hurt you more, as well as being harder to defeat.

They should also use the Master Quest idea in the game. It would be just as it was in OoT; the same game with mixed up, much more difficult dungeons to figure out.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would love them to add second quests back into the series, but they're not as easy to produce because it involves more programming. I've mentioned it before, but the original Zelda was easy to make a second quest for because the game was tile based. They could drag tiles around to make new dungeons in not too long a period of time. Doing this to a 3-D game is a bit more complicated, and while it's been done with OoTMQ, it would have taken a lot more time, effort and resources to produce. It would also require more disc space to run, which might not be available A sacrifice of frame rate or graphic quality might have to be made to fit it on the same disc.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea by any means, I'd love it, but I really can't see them doing this on a practical level. We can definitely dream, however! :)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I would love them to add second quests back into the series, but they're not as easy to produce because it involves more programming. I've mentioned it before, but the original Zelda was easy to make a second quest for because the game was tile based. They could drag tiles around to make new dungeons in not too long a period of time. Doing this to a 3-D game is a bit more complicated, and while it's been done with OoTMQ, it would have taken a lot more time, effort and resources to produce. It would also require more disc space to run, which might not be available A sacrifice of frame rate or graphic quality might have to be made to fit it on the same disc.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea by any means, I'd love it, but I really can't see them doing this on a practical level. We can definitely dream, however! :)

The graphics and length of the first quest would suffer if a second quest was added for the straight up reason that they would need more space and dont have it.

Zarom

The King
Yeah I tihnk they should have level of difficulties, like:

-Easy
-Medium
-Hard

...Or they could just make the game and then, as you progress more in the game, it becomes tougher and tougher. :nod:

Last edited:
No, the Zelda series should stay away from this option. The only thing that works best with a Zelda game would be a 2nd quest/Master quest.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I'm all in favor of having both a difficulty setting and a second quest.

Having a difficulty setting would settle the problem of whether the new Zelda game would be a game geared to more hardcore gamers or geared to more casual gamers. It would give you a choice between the two and let casual gamers, if they wanted to, try to work there way up to playing in the hardcore level.

A second quest would be an awesome thing bring back into the Zelda series. Although I've never played the second quest, (I have accessed it though.) I'd love for that to be an added extra to the game.

Maybe a test could be taken at the beginning of the game, and the game decides what level you should play at. There could be a trial room where they throw enemies at you, and it judges your ability to take them on.

That would be an awesome idea, basement. :D

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
I agree that there should be a second quest. Also at the begining of the game they should test your skill in some way like if ganondorfs army attacks you can choose to not attack which puts you on the easiest difficulty or you could attack which can scale you to how many monsters you killed. or Link can have a dream going through rooms killing thing in full hero armour at the beggining the only rule i want diffictulty setting to apply. Do whatever you want just make keeses die in 1 hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom