• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Difficulty of the Games?

Kybyrian

On the subject of the 2 Oracle games, I've heard a lot of people say things about the difficulty of them. Not particularly people from this forum, there are many people saying the games were pretty difficult. I found them fairly challenging myself, but not so hard to where it makes it a tedious task to be playing the game, as there are a few people thinking so.

I'm going to ask you guys, what did you think about the difficulty of the Oracle games? While I'm at that, what did you think about the difficulty of Oracle of Ages compared to that of Oracle of Seasons?

13foxes

The Oracle games were hard, especially in the water-base dungeons. They were much more complicate than the other 2D or 2.5D Zelda game. The dungeons were not always straight forward, sometimes I found myself lost in the maze, or got into the 'I short a key' panic. Had to go through all the dungeons again to see if I missed anything. The Mermaid's Cave was a very good example for this. You had to go back and fort between Present and Past, do the dungeons again to solve the puzzles. Also, sometimes you must clang your sword against completely random walls to find secret rooms. I missed a wall, when I got the map I figure out that there was a room there, and I went all the way back to that room. I remembered I had to use ZD's guide once or twice in both the games.

In my opinions, the OoA was a little harder. Simply because the puzzles in OoA were harder. I was stuck in some of the dungeons on my first play through due to the missing keys and the puzzles. And, it required time travel to solve puzzles inside the dungeons, unlike OoS.

Kybyrian

I see what both of you were saying, and I agree with you that Oracle of Ages was a lot harder than Seasons, and harder than quite a few Zelda games. The puzzles were more challenging, in my opinion, than those in Oracle of Seasons, and it had a much darker feel to it, too, which can sometimes affect the way you think about the game, at least it does for me. The games do require quite a bit of work to get through, especially Ages, but not to the point where they're too incredibly hard that it makes you almost not want to play them. What do you think about them, especially Ages, being TOO hard?

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
I do have to agree that Ages was more hard than Seasons. Puzzle-wise, it was more difficult for me. I find Seasons to be less challenging. However, I'm playing a linked game on my Seasons. I input the password after beating Ages first. With Ages, you have to keep using the one song to keep warping back and forth, and it's even more difficult in the beginning, as you only have maybe 1 or 2 songs to warp with. AND, you can only warp to the past on those markings with the emblem, and you can only travel to the present using the one song. Not both.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I am better at the fighting aspect of Zelda, so I would say Oracle of Ages was a more difficult game. Oh boy, Jabu-Jabu dungeon was really difficult.

RamboZelda

bullets of pure awesome
Gotta agree with PhantomTriforce. I must have circled the dungeon enough times to travel all the way across the overworld. The Water Temple in OoT ain't got nothing on Jabu Jabu's Belly. OoA was definately harder than OoS.

G

Glorian

Gotta agree with PhantomTriforce. I must have circled the dungeon enough times to travel all the way across the overworld. The Water Temple in OoT ain't got nothing on Jabu Jabu's Belly. OoA was definately harder than OoS.
I found OoA harder in different ways. The puzzles were a tad difficult, but in OoS, imo, there was more action, and was harder to stay alive. I got through OoS faster than OoA, but beat Ages with only dying twice I believe.

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
They are great games too bad this site does not have the full walkthrough

M

Mystic Shade

Like everyone else, I agree that Ages was far harder than Seasons. Some of the puzzles in ages were certainly quite tough, with mermaids cave and jabu jabu's belly being very hard on the brain with their dungeon mechanics. I also thought the dungeons were harder to navigate through than OoS, which was fairly linear, especially the Sword and sheild maze. Plus, if you had the red ring, all the enemies posed no threat and you could move through rooms quickly by sweeping all the enemies in one or two hits and then take down the bosses in only a few seconds. Despite seasons being easier than ages, I still feel both games are definately up there as amoung the hardest zelda games.

N

NMG

They can be very hard at times like the final unlinked game in seasons is incredibly hard and the 2nd water dungeon in ages Juba-Juba's belly is almost imposable. If you compare all the elements in both they're about even in the realm of who's harder and it depends on your level of skill of the games. With the exception of mini-questing it will test all of your abilities at Zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom