• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Difficulty Needs to Increase

(this thread only has minor spoilers, so dot worry...)well, I just wanted to point this out... the dificulty had decresed drumaticly..... I was ecpecialy disapointed with SS, becouse all the stone slabs told you what to do... What Im partialy trying to say is: the riddles need to be harder. I get it, a lot of little kids are playing, but most fans are older. things like "make the dodongose eyes glow red, and a new path will open" (im qouting these from my memory, so dont get hard on me for not saying them exactly..) or that realy long, hard one from the end of WW in ganons castle is good to. thats not the only thing ether, the bosses are a lot easeir too... in the old games, the mini bosses alone toke a couple tries... but now, you barly need to try... and another thing I was un happy about with SS is that Demis was one of the easeyst bosses in the game.. so the three things I want them to increase difficulty on is: Dongeons, Bosses, and riddles...

This is just my oppinion, so please dont get mad at me if you dont agree. please leave your thoughts in feedback, thankyou: ~lil'link :)

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Well, the Zelda series has never been particulary difficult anyways. If anything, it's just been frustrating because it's more of a puzzle-based game series. It's not a hardcore franchise so the gameplay shouldn't be difficult. It's not intended to be and it helps out with the series. I am against hint movies because you should be able to have to figure it out yourself and not rely on anyone or anything to help you, that's the fun of it. But it seems today, that no one can really explore stuff on their own like the games back in the day. For example: Take the original Legend of Zelda. You start off on a screen with no indication of where to go other than the common sense to walk in to the cave you first see to grab the Sword. And from there, you have no idea where to go, you just explore until you find. And heck you didn't even have to do all the Levels in order even though some you still needed a certain item to reach another level and by common sense the enemies you fight you can tell as well. But I'm sick of people complaining that these games are easy, because that's not entirely true. I'm not getting mad at you for posting your opinion, because everyone has their own, I just see people saying it so much that its hard to bite down on your tongue for very long.

Well, the Zelda series has never been particulary difficult anyways. If anything, it's just been frustrating because it's more of a puzzle-based game series. It's not a hardcore franchise so the gameplay shouldn't be difficult. It's not intended to be and it helps out with the series. I am against hint movies because you should be able to have to figure it out yourself and not rely on anyone or anything to help you, that's the fun of it. But it seems today, that no one can really explore stuff on their own like the games back in the day. For example: Take the original Legend of Zelda. You start off on a screen with no indication of where to go other than the common sense to walk in to the cave you first see to grab the Sword. And from there, you have no idea where to go, you just explore until you find. And heck you didn't even have to do all the Levels in order even though some you still needed a certain item to reach another level and by common sense the enemies you fight you can tell as well. But I'm sick of people complaining that these games are easy, because that's not entirely true. I'm not getting mad at you for posting your opinion, because everyone has their own, I just see people saying it so much that its hard to bite down on your tongue for very long.

I agree, I absolutely hate it when I hear tons of complaints I don't agree with. Demise not hard Lil'Link? Don't ask Fi for advice then. Not that and he still isn't hard? Then don't ask for help. If you somehow defeat Demise easily with no help and he is one of the easiest bosses as you say:
1. Your trolling
2. Your a hardcore gamer in your current age and not in younger or past age.
I think Zelda should be harder, yet still free at will and not complicated.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
You know that you don't have to go to the Sheikah Stones for help right? I've been having a pretty hard time with the Zelda games. Not to be rude but Demise easy at first? He did get easier after battling him a few hundred times, but on my first try I had 2 Heart Potion ++ and Demise killed me before I could even use them. But some of it is a little too easy. I'll give you that. The Earth Temple in Skyward Sword was just a little too short.

Last edited:
its just an opinion Heriod77777, im not baging on the hole series, and im not a hardcore gamer, im 12... evryones diffrant, to some people demis was easy, to others hes hard.. I didnt get him on my first try either, but take a chill pill. Im not trolling, (you are), or complaining... Not at all was I being rude, im just voicing my opinion....

Is it just me or was Skyward Sword substantially more difficult than most recent installments? Personally, the majority of the bosses were not stun, hack, and slash, which greatly increased their difficulty.

As for the whole hold your hand hint system business, I believe Nintendo is going a bit overboard with catering to that whole catering to a casual audience business.

Increased linearity is also to blame for why people felt the recent games were easier. The three areas were too loosely connected and nearly every character prodded you too much in the right direction.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
No, I don't necessarily think that the difficulty should be expanded on. The tempo of Zelda games moves in the right flow for me, since I'm a nonchalant player. It seems that it's integrated within the main formula. Removing it would do more harm than good, IMO, because that would mess with the fluid gameplay of each title. That's how I've come to view it, though, from playing too much Zelda and having it become second nature, fearing the slightest change would disrupt the enjoyment.

The focus shouldn't be on difficulty, though; there are many more peeves that should be addressed firstly. For veterans like myself they should do away with all the instructions early on. I know and appreciate the fact that it's done to simplify the games for new fans, but they could still reduce how much explanation goes into it. It wasn't that hard to catch on when I was younger, so it is possible others could learn just as fast and with less didactic interference.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Yeah as people have said, the puzzles are hard, the dungeons were pretty awesome too.

What does make me mad is the constant holding of your hand and telling u exactly what to do in the overworld.
I remember in OoT when you had to play Saria's song for Darunia and the only hint you got was the connection to the lost woods in the city. I wish we still had that and not all of that advise if gave you.

I would also like to see something like in the WW return. They don't TELL you how to do the triforce hunt but they give u a couple of good hints and also each place to geT a chart is like a new dungeon.

As long as they stop with the holding your hand I would be even happier with the series

Night Owl

~Momentai
I think the series needs to shy away from linearity. That being said, I have a friend who was always asking me for guidance in spirit tracks (his first zelda game) and other games that have heavy npc suggestion in where to go next. I can see a linear series becoming difficult for those who ignore/ skip everything that is being said.

Personally, I would like to see Zelda return to a difficulty of LA or OoX. Where the terrain guides you by limiting exploration, but it isn't clear where you should go next. I want to feel Like I'm exploring not being told a set of directions.

Or even having your dungeons numbered, but have them able to be done out of order Like ALttP.

Some of my craving for a different difficulty is that I've played every canon zelda, and in essence can solve things easily because i'm used to the style of the creators.

Yes I feel that difficulty needs to be increased, But I can't figure out how to increase it without ruining the newbies experience because it is too difficult.

MW7

I think the series needs to shy away from linearity. That being said, I have a friend who was always asking me for guidance in spirit tracks (his first zelda game) and other games that have heavy npc suggestion in where to go next. I can see a linear series becoming difficult for those who ignore/ skip everything that is being said.

Personally, I would like to see Zelda return to a difficulty of LA or OoX. Where the terrain guides you by limiting exploration, but it isn't clear where you should go next. I want to feel Like I'm exploring not being told a set of directions.

Or even having your dungeons numbered, but have them able to be done out of order Like ALttP.

Some of my craving for a different difficulty is that I've played every canon zelda, and in essence can solve things easily because i'm used to the style of the creators.

Yes I feel that difficulty needs to be increased, But I can't figure out how to increase it without ruining the newbies experience because it is too difficult.

This is exactly what I want. Link's Awakening and the Oracles had a nice difficulty level but weren't insane. They had some of the best puzzles too- I love puzzles that actually make you think.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The thing I noticed with SS is that once you got the hang of an enemy, you never got hit by them and they went down too quickly. I think enemies,especially mini bosses and bosses should take longer to defeat and be more aggressive in their fighting styles.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I have to start this off with a question (and please don't take it the wrong way). Have you been playing Zelda for a long time? If so, any Zelda game is going to be "easy", as you know what to look for, being a seasoned veteran. If this isn't the case for you, then OK.

I can't really say that the difficulty needs to improve. Sure, I found SS moderately easy, but I've been playing Zelda for over 12 years. *Repeat of statements above.* All that said, SS wasn't exactly a walk in the park. I never found any frustratingly difficult points (which is a good thing), but the learning curve was ridiculous. I'm not kidding when I said I had to re-learn Zelda when playing SS. I was amazed at how much the Wii MotionPlus had changed the way Zelda was played, so much, in fact, that it almost made my head spin at first. I vastly underestimated how much of a revolution the Wii MotionPlus would bring. That being said, I think it was only natural for Nintendo to not go all-out with the difficulty. It was hard enough getting used to the new style of play (even though I caught on rather quickly). Adding difficulty as if we had already played this kind of Zelda game before? The game would have had nightmare stories from gamers all around, my friend. Point is, I don't think SS was the right time to step up the difficulty enemy-wise and what not. The time for that will be in Zelda Wii U. Besides, SS was already pretty close to the ideal Zelda difficulty level, anyway. There's not much more that needs to be improved on in that area. It's a game series that appeals to all, so it needs to be a series that's not too hard, but not too easy. And that's what it's been lately, especially with SS.

M

Metroid.

Saying that the reason someone finds a Zelda game easy is because they are a veteran of the series is a massive cop out imo. If this is true, then it's obvious the series is becoming stale. While I believe that there will always be recurring enemies, puzzles and other elements, a lack of new content to challenge experienced players is disappointing. However I do not think this is the case with SS.

I found the enemies of SS to be more puzzle based than any other title, simply because of the Motion+. I think this is where Demise was so easy for some people. The player has a whole game to hone puzzle-based swordplay, only to fight something that comparably doesn't take much effort in the end. I had more fun fighting Ghirahim's Final Form than Demise. I have to admit, I did die vs Demise after using 2 Health+ potions, and I died against bosses less than 5 times overall. Yet, the second time I fought him I did not heal once. This is because once I figured him out, he was all too easy. And figuring him out didn't take long when I had close to mastered the sword and shield. Really, even trial and error wouldn't take long to realise you had to use the skyward strike.

I don't think SS was too easy. It was easy, but that's okay. That said, I was disappointed with Demise's difficulty. I think there is plenty of room to increase the game's difficulty without turning non-gamers away.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I tend to agree... The last few Zelda games have been pretty easy. Maybe it's just because I'm older now, or maybe it's because I'm familiar with Zelda, but the bosses and puzzles seem pretty easy. What we need is some Adventure Of Link difficulty >:] - brutal unforgiving deaths that aren't cheap, but require skill to avoid. As long as there's no one to blame but the player, I think games are better when they're more challenging. It's certainly more satisfying to finally solve a puzzle or beat a boss that you've been stuck on for days.

I tend to agree... The last few Zelda games have been pretty easy. Maybe it's just because I'm older now, or maybe it's because I'm familiar with Zelda, but the bosses and puzzles seem pretty easy. What we need is some Adventure Of Link difficulty >:] - brutal unforgiving deaths that aren't cheap, but require skill to avoid. As long as there's no one to blame but the player, I think games are better when they're more challenging. It's certainly more satisfying to finally solve a puzzle or beat a boss that you've been stuck on for days.
YES! I love that idea! We should attack and force away the enemies sword and have constant slashing and parrying. Also, potions became useless at some point for me because if I died I wouldn't lose anything. ( Except a bit of strength on my shield.)
its just an opinion Heriod77777, im not baging on the hole series, and im not a hardcore gamer, im 12... evryones diffrant, to some people demis was easy, to others hes hard.. I didnt get him on my first try either, but take a chill pill. Im not trolling, (you are), or complaining... Not at all was I being rude, im just voicing my opinion....
Sorry, but I just need to take action when I hear someone complain about Skyward Sword whether it be motion controls, bosses, or Link and correct them in victory. You kinda take my post a little the wrong way. I would like to note that I did not use a ! or swear, or call you anything besides a might be hardcore gamer. ( You should feel proud from being called that actually.) I was politely ( Yes I was!) stating reasons he might of not been hard for you. That leaves me with a question: How do you want people to take your post because I got two infractions from you making other people take me the wrong way? Also I would like to note that you should reply with quote if you could and spell correctly. Also, I did not say you were baging ( That is not a word on my computer.) on the whole series or call you rude. I know everyone is different, but the fact that you said Demis ( You spelled that wrong.) was one of the easeyst ( You spelled that wrong too.) bosses in the game which is odd as he did more deaths to Link. ( I KNOW every one is different but the only boss that killed me first was Demise and most other players got that obviously. Fi would say: There's a 18% chance that a gamer will believe Demise was one of the easiest bosses in Skyward Sword.) Also don't take this post the wrong way either ( Especially you moderators, don't take that accusingly.) I am just here to state opinion as well. I did not intend to make you or anyone think I called you a troll ( Also, I am not trolling, sorry I got frustrated with the infractions.) I should of been more certain and specific then general and made my post a library long so that everyone understood my post. (sarcasm, lol.) Hope you took time to read this post ( You didn't with my last. Don't take that accusingly either.) And sorry for making this post so long.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom