• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Different Dimension

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
So Termina is supposed to be a different dimension of the people from Hyrule, right? So then, where are the alternate dimensions of Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and all the Kokiri?

No, Terminian Counterpart theory is false. The only reason they reuse people is because of lazieness and nothing more. The only thing confirmed is that the world of Termina is seperate to the world of Hyrule. Just because it is a different world does not mean that it is a bizaro relationship.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Ember, what is your reasoning for it not being a parallel dimension? It is said explicitly in the manual, as well as being implied by the trippy fall through the masks when Link is following the Skull Kid (since I doubt there is a separate sun and ocean under the crust of Hyrule). Besides the developer reasons for using models from OoT, the in-universe explanation can only be parallel people, note that the Bizarro world concept is more of an negative world than a parallel one, though they are obviously very similar.

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
Termina is supposed to be a Parallel universe... so it would have the same characters... maybe Parallel Link and company are off having a tea party o_O

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
The only thing that is parallel is the people (both races and named NPCs) the geography is very different as you know. Obviously not everyone has a counterpart for the same reason things like the gear based tech in Termina is present, someone decided to do or not do something that was done in Hyrule. Such as the Gerudo being pirates instead and apparently not having a king(Ganondorf). As well, the different geography proabaly would have forced other technologies to evolve for each race. I.e. the Zora having enough free time since they aren't guarding Hyrule's water source to make electronics for music. Just an aside: I'm not in any way getting mad, I'm unable to understand why you refuse a generally accepted interpretation(or if someone wants credence "hypothesis" not theory). What in-universe or dev. quote evidence do you have that opposes it? From what I remember Arouma siad they wanted to explore the NPC characters more, which implies a parallel world/dimension since "we aren't in Hyrule anymore" (Wizard of Oz to those who don't know).

The only thing that is parallel is the people (both races and named NPCs) the geography is very different as you know. Obviously not everyone has a counterpart for the same reason things like the gear based tech in Termina is present, someone decided to do or not do something that was done in Hyrule. Such as the Gerudo being pirates instead and apparently not having a king(Ganondorf). As well, the different geography proabaly would have forced other technologies to evolve for each race. I.e. the Zora having enough free time since they aren't guarding Hyrule's water source to make electronics for music. Just an aside: I'm not in any way getting mad, I'm unable to understand why you refuse a generally accepted interpretation(or if someone wants credence "hypothesis" not theory). What in-universe or dev. quote evidence do you have that opposes it? From what I remember Arouma siad they wanted to explore the NPC characters more, which implies a parallel world/dimension since "we aren't in Hyrule anymore" (Wizard of Oz to those who don't know).
Just because something is socialy accepted does not mean it is possible nor does it mean that it is correct. THere is no proof ever provided. And what Aonuma ment was that the charcter devlopment from OoT as in Link, Skull Kid, and Zelda (from the screenshot). There really is no proof if you look at it unbyisly.

McBlizzy

Happy Mask Salesgirl
The Parallel part is sort of proof? The world never intersect, or it would be like the Twilight world from TP.

I picture the Parallel part of the world is like... Hyrule looking into a mirror. Or like a world right beside Hyrule based off of it. Thus, as PureLoche said, different roles for different people in a different environment.

Which might explain why certain people are present... Remeber: The kokiri were trapped in the lost woods, the woods probably still exist in some shape or form just hidden, same with Parallel Link, Zelda and Gannondorf. Or maybe that world is in a time period where those 3 weren't born yet.

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Ember do you read much in the parallel world/alternate history genre? They often have a gate between them. If you want to be contrary for the sake of it fine, and yes consensus isn't always right but it is met because most people can reach the same conclusion. The 'proof' is the same as any idea a Zelda fan can scape together from the game, dev. quotes, and related materials. The whole reason for all the bomber sidequests was to flesh out all the secondary NPCs that usually don't get the spotlight usually along with all the conversations you can eavesdrop on at really specific times. That isn't needed for Link since he gets no characterization, "the" Skull Kid gets a ton of it though, and Zelda popped up for all of one flashback cutscene so she barely got any more depth. Also don't try to claim the "unbiased" high ground, this is just as biased as saying who Link gets with (if anyone) at the end of each game.

Edit: Another thing, if you're going to be bringing in things like removing bias, be sure to include logical fallacies and the burden of proof(which is, by the way, on the person claiming that consensus is wrong).

Edit: Hmm so this is what gets bad rep, great.

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
It is said explicitly in the manual, as well as being implied by the trippy fall through the masks when Link is following the Skull Kid (since I doubt there is a separate sun and ocean under the crust of Hyrule). Besides the developer reasons for using models from OoT, the in-universe explanation can only be parallel people, note that the Bizarro world concept is more of an negative world than a parallel one, though they are obviously very similar.
Parallel universe =/= Mirror universe. It can be used to imply that but the phrase does not have a singular meaning. Termina being a parallel universe to Hyrule may simply mean that, spatially, the two universes run parallel to each other. As for a in-universe explanation, there doesn't have to be one. It's a video game. Nintendo simply reused models from OoT, as Ember Incubus stated. Suggesting that since the character look alike, they must be counterparts is nothing more than fan-fiction.

Besides, the theory doesn't make sense anyways. Why are there two Ingos? Is he such a fabulous character that he simply could not exist as one being in Termina? Why is Malon also doubled? And why does one of her "counterparts" exist at an age she hasn't reached yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom