• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Difference Between ALttP Handheld Vs. Counsel?

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
(There are no spoilers, I don't remember clicking that..)

I have both and I am about to beat Minish Cap which means I can start on a new game soon. I'm wondering, is there any difference between these 2? Do I have to beat them both in order to say that I have really beaten it all..I mean, 2 different releases means I should probably beat them both right?

the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-1.jpg Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_to_the_Past_Four_Swords_Nintendo.jpg

Last edited:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I can think of a few little things. Some NPC text has changed (not by a lot, usually just different wording of about the same stuff), the boomerang will now cut grass, you can speed up text by pressing A, Link now has OoT voice sound effects, and I assume until you get the boots, Link will attempt to pull when you press R even when you're not up against anything.

But otherwise you're basically getting the same experience from both games. The GBA one has gotten edits with the following games in mind, however, but no you don't need to play both.

Only do that if you really want to. ;)

Theres also the Syrup the Witches' Assistant, who was a nameless hooded person, now looks more like Syrups Apprentice from other games. (Maple)
Also, a few dungeons were slightly changed. The only one i know for sure thats changed is the Thieves' Hideout.

Also, theres sleep mode now, :P

The word "Gods" is changed to "Goddesses" and "Wise Men" to "Sages"

I think Satsy and i got pretty much everything covered. ^_^

(OH! If you Beat Four Swords, or something like that, you unlock a new FourSwords Dungeon in the Pyramid of Power.)

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Ohh ok, thank you very much! I think I'll play the original first then come back sometime and beat the handheld. Alttp IS my fav. Zelda game after all ;)

for some reason when I've watched clips of LttP on GBA via YouTube, the pitch sounds 1/4 step lower than on the SNES. Can anyone tell me why?

LANZZ

Scarecrow
1) If you Beat Four Swords (GBA Version), you'll unlock a new Four Swords Dungeon in the Pyramid of Power.

2) There are Riddle Quest in console (GBA Version) game. After you have completed all quest, you'll get a new sword technique as reward...
- http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/561559-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past/faqs/20752

3) Secret "Chris Houlihan" room

- http://www.eeggs.com/items/26809.html

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-u_mv_jjV8

Secret of "Chris Houlihan" room only work on SNES version.

- http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?8727-Alttp-secret................

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I'd recommend the GBA version. There's no dramatic changes, but the small changes it has are helpful and nice to have, such as the boomerang cutting glass which was stated above. And hey, if you can ever find a friend to complete Four Swords with, you can enter the Four Swords Palace and have a real challenge on your hands.

H

handheldgamer14

1. sound affects
2. slight differences in cutscenes, i.e. opening
3. you can make text go faster in the GBA version
4. brightness control in the GBA version
5. you have to watch the intro before playing the GBA version
6. there is a slight difference in the ice palace.
7. the sprite for the witch's assistent
8. you can grab rupees that ended up on the wall or in the tree with your sword in the GBA version
9. q. bumpkin is added in the GBA version
10. interactions with Four Swords in the GBA version
11. you can start where you saved in the GBA version
12. saving doesn't count as a death in the GBA version
13. you can save and continue in the GBA version

that's all I can think of at the top of my head. I'd recommend the SNES version because of the controls and its relative lack of Link's voice when he swings his sword.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
1. sound affects
8. you can grab rupees that ended up on the wall or in the tree with your sword in the GBA version

that's all I can think of at the top of my head. I'd recommend the SNES version because of the controls and its relative lack of Link's voice when he swings his sword.

Those are the correct differences of the LoZ ALTTP! So many changes from the SNES version!

1. sound affects

Those are the correct differences of the LoZ ALTTP! So many changes from the SNES version!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom